No announcement yet.

1986 Japanese Strat, E serial...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got pics of teh Kramer? I know a dude in AU that would possibly give you 8-900 euros for it.
    There is no "team" in "Fuck You!"

Comment

Originally posted by krimson View Post
      Why don't you head over to the Kramer Forum and ask if anybody is interested in buying or trading with you. There are most likely a few guys that are in your area that would be interested in your guitar. Is yours an Archtop or a flattop?
      Damn good idea. Dood is selling that guitar way too cheap.
      There is no "team" in "Fuck You!"

Comment

You people are missing his point. He can do a trade. He wants a Strat. The only issue is the relative value of the two guitars. To go through all the crap of selling and buying can be avoided, "If the price is right!!!!"
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I would want to see how that Kahler routing was done - it may look messy inside that trem back plate.

Ummm...can I buy your Stagemaster?

Comment

If you want a Strat get a Strat, but not some jacked up Strat.
            Just one more guitar!

Comment

My point exactly.Who knows what it looks like under there.Any routing for the Kahler should not affect the standard route and could be plugged and a vintage trem replaced but then you would have a refined Jap strat in the $150 range money wise.The refin will cost at least $350.00 so there you will have more in it than its worth.
              I would cruise ebay and find a beater jap strat and get it cheap.
              I got my 86 in a pawn shop for $200.00 then replaced the first four frets and installed an rs pot upgrade kit and she honks.Have been offered $450.00 so far but shes a keeper.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
                If you want a Strat get a Strat, but not some jacked up Strat.
                +1

Exactly, the kahler just ruins it. I like locking trems on strats, but that is if i'm actually going to use it, properly installed with a locking nut... And preferably a humbucker as well. If i wanted an SSS strat, i would not even consider that one to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                  Also... that Kahler is useless for divebombing or even mild use without a locking nut.
                  So is a regular Strat trem. :ROTF:
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Exactly. For the use I'd make of it (i.e none) the Kahler isn't much of a bother. After all if the guitar sounds amazing and I love it, then it'll also be due to the Kahler If not, he'll buy the Kramer straight.

I AM on the kramer forums but like I said, I cannot ship the guitar nor put it on ebay. It's a local sale only. All the kramer locals are lefites

I'm not jumping into this blindly. It all depends on whether the buyer wants to trade or not, and whether I like the Strat. And he likes the Stagey of course I'm just getting a little bored of it, even know I'm constantly reminded that she's a great, uncommon guitar. But I don't give a damn about being unique. I love Strats, so I'll play one.

Comment

-------------------------------------------------------!
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

It's all subjective, I know, but a Strat, however good, fitted with a Kahler ain't gonna feel or sound like a regular Strat. And if you decide it isn't for you after all, you'll have a hell of a job shifting it. Not that I have anything against Kahlers - My Carvin has one, and I love it.
                        I would have thought that the Stagey is uncommon and desirable enough that someone somewhere would be prepared to trade it for a halfway-decent regular Strat.
                        But at the end of the day, it's your call, and I wish you the best of luck whichever way you do it!

Comment

Yeah I have been offered that, but not in Amsterdam. I can't ship it. I could easily get something like a Deluxe US Strat or something for it...

Comment

May i ask why there is no possibility of shipping it?

Comment

You may! I'm simply strapped for cash. I'm a student with no income and not a cent to my name. If I had to ship it it'd mean I'd get paid from abroad and I'd need to use paypal, which is not cash. I also have never shipped a guitar and these are famous for having their headstocks broken during transit. Either way it's a risk I not only don't want to take but can't afford either. Simple as that. Face to face the guy can play the guitar, makes it all easier.

Comment

Working...
                              X