Review of my new Carvin DC127M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review of my new Carvin DC127M

... I am never buying another guitar brand again.

This guitar SMOKES, the M22SD in the bridge sounds KILLER! The first time I picked it up it felt like I had owned it for years. The neck feels great, the fit and finish is damn near perfect aside from a few extremely minor imperfections that aren't even worth mentioning and the hardware is absolutely top notch. I was worried about the 25" scale and how it would affect the string tension I am used to, but this thing is strung up with 10's in Eb and I don't notice any tension difference at all. In fact, I think I like it more than 25.5" because I DO notice that TINY bit of difference in the low frets that make some of the stretches a bit easier. Aside from the dumb ass universal Carvin case that doesn't hold the guitar in place WHATSOEVER (anyone have a spare old rectangular style Carvin DC case kicking around?), this is the best guitar purchase I have ever made in my life. I'm probably going to spec out another DC for the summer time and call it a day for my guitar purchases for a LONG time to come!

Here's a decent picture of it, my girlfriend is going to come by with her DSLR to take some really nice shots of it within the next few days so I'll keep you guys updated!

Fuck yes. I'm glad you're happy with it, Carvin kicks a ton of ass.
    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

most excellent!
      My Carvin DC727 is probably my favorite guitar now too.
      When Carvin puts out a good one it's usually really good.
      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

I never understood why Carvin did that with their cases. I have had two of them and both of the cases just let the guitars flop around inside. I think they need a redesign on them. I had a neck through in 89 that if my memory serves correctly was solid rock maple with t oil finish. It weighed more than a Les Paul but had great tone. Someone in Cleveland is loving that guitar right now.
        Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

To echo kmanick, my 727 is just insanely great to play. I try to play all of my guitars, but really the Carvin and the Jem get all my time.

Did you get the tung oiled neck and stainless frets? That is a simply awesome combination
          Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

+1. Carvin make great guitars nowadays. Excellent stuff.

Originally posted by DumpyWumpy View Post
            ... I am never buying another guitar brand again
            Kind of a shallow remark. Carvin's are great, but to narrow yourself....hey, it's your life.

Comment

Originally posted by ezbprimerib View Post
              +1. Carvin make great guitars nowadays. Excellent stuff.

Kind of a shallow remark. Carvin's are great, but to narrow yourself....hey, it's your life.
              Haha, well that's a bit of an exaggeration I guess, but it outplays and out-sounds any Jackson I've ever owned and nobody else out there even builds a guitar that appeals to me for the price I can spec out a Carvin for... If Carvin would offer neck binding and a couple more inlay options, I would DEFINITELY have no need for any other guitar companies! If I ever buy anything else, it will be a complete custom shop guitar from some smaller luthier most likely...

Comment

Originally posted by jim777 View Post
                To echo kmanick, my 727 is just insanely great to play. I try to play all of my guitars, but really the Carvin and the Jem get all my time.

Did you get the tung oiled neck and stainless frets? That is a simply awesome combination
                Stainless frets yes, tung oil no... Thought about it but wasn't sure about the upkeep and I have really sweaty/acidic hands and I was worried that it would cause problems with the unfinished wood... Here's the specs though!

Model: DC127M

Maple Neck through w/ Mahogany sides
                Satin finish on back of neck
                Ebony fretboard with abalone dots
                Abalone logo
                String through Tune-O-Matic bridge
                Sperzel locking tuners
                14" fretboard radius
                Greenburst on wide pattern Flamed Maple
                Deep Triple Step Stain
                Stainless Steel Jumbo Frets
                Reverse Inline Standard Headstock
                Black hardware
                M22SD bridge, C22J pickups
                Dunlop Straplocks

Comment

Wow that is pretty!

I have a trans green Mirage that is similar...
                  Drive Fast Cars & Play Cool Guitars!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X