Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LTD M200 vs IBZ RGR320?

Hi
    I'm going to buy another guitar to pracise and stuff like that and was just wondering which one will be better? M200 or RGR320? Licenced vs Edge III? Agathis vs Basswood? About pups dont know anything too. Any ideas, experiences. opinions?

whatever you do, stay away from jacksons.
    -Adam

Comment

i wouldnt touch either

why not try and score an import jackson or an old model series charvel
      Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
      Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Originally posted by zbych View Post
        Hi
        I'm going to buy another guitar to pracise and stuff like that and was just wondering which one will be better? M200 or RGR320? Licenced vs Edge III? Agathis vs Basswood? About pups dont know anything too. Any ideas, experiences. opinions?
        If i were you i would go with the rg from these two. But you can find a nice model 1 for that price and it will be much more better.(quality wise)

Comment

This finish is pretty cool...

From those 2, I'd take the Ibanez...

But I would take that money and try to find a MIJ Ibanez RG. 520, 550, 570. That kind of thing...
          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Ok thans, but can anybody tell me something about lincenced floyds and edge III? How do they keep tuning? And what about agathis? Is it that bad? And I'll check ebay later, but now I want to know something about those guitars.
            Last edited by zbych; 12-19-2007, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Have you tried google.com? I'm guessing if you google those questions, you'll find answers...

Agathis is a poor mans mahogany. I'd stay away from it...

Don't know who makes the licensed floyd on the LTD so I can't comment about those...

Edge Pro III's are OK. Just OK. Made out of soft metal. I've heard complaints about not holding tunings. But I think if you can't get it to hold the tuning, you are not setting it up right. It's a decent entry level bridge. Nothing more...

You get what you pay for. Buy a cheap guitar, you get a cheap guitar...

You might also want to check the ESP Forum and Jemsite...
              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                Have you tried google.com? I'm guessing if you google those questions, you'll find answers...
                He just wants to be your friend
                -Adam

Comment

Originally posted by zbych View Post
                  Ok thans, but can anybody tell me something about lincenced floyds and edge III? How do they keep tuning? And what about agathis? Is it that bad? And I'll check ebay later, but now I want to know something about those guitars.
                  It is not a real tone wood. I prefer basswood over it. Basswood is a better wood and many companies using it for their high-end guitars.(jems and other prestiege ibanez guitars...ok not so many companies ) Edge III is not a good tremolo unit IMO. They dont stay in tune that well and like most of ibanez hardwares its paint gets off in time.

Comment

Many cheap guitars are Agathis...it isn't the greatest:

I would take the Ibanez basswood over the agathis.

The M-200 has a retail of $569, 'street price' of $399:
                    Get the guaranteed best price on Solid Body Electric Guitars like the ESP LTD GUS-600 Signature Electric Guitar at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free shipping on thousands of items.

The only M-200 on ebay has an upgrade to EMGs and some dings hasn't sold with but it now of $359 and only had one 'make offer' in 6 days, so that should tell you something.

Completed ebay only has two M-200s sold for $255:

and $237:

The Ibanez retails for $733, street price is $550:
                    Get the guaranteed best price on Solid Body Electric Guitars like the ESP LTD GUS-600 Signature Electric Guitar at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free shipping on thousands of items.

One on ebay for BIN of $424:

So it looks like you are comparing guitars that are from $150 to $200 apart depending how you look at it, so it's kinda hard to give you an opinion. Do you have the extra $ for the Ibanez? I think most people would say the RGR320 would be a better sounding/playing guitar than the M-200, as the lower end Ibanez lines seem to be better than the lower end LTD lines.

Comment

Those Ibbys look cool as Fuck!

I have been looking at those pretty good for a while now!
                      Out Of Ideas

Comment

i have a RG 320,if you can try and find an older model with the trans paint
                        mine is an 01,the last year they made it with mahogany body,in the bolt on version
                        http://www.myspace.com/deadsoldier2

Comment

If you want something cheap grab something used or from a lesser known brand like Agile so you are paying only for the guitar and not the name.

Comment

the ibanez should be made in korea and the ltd is made in indonesia. I would go with the ibanez just based on that. Or get one of the old LTDs that was made in korea. The M302 is the same guitar, but made in korea-I had one loved it but sold it to buy a ibanez rg320dxqm. bad choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                              the ibanez should be made in korea and the ltd is made in indonesia. I would go with the ibanez just based on that. Or get one of the old LTDs that was made in korea. The M302 is the same guitar, but made in korea-I had one loved it but sold it to buy a ibanez rg320dxqm. bad choice.
                              I've never heard about M302 but I searched and found it http://allentown.craigslist.org/msg/509205531.html. I really like this one. Is it all ok? And thank You for info of M302 - kickass guitar. If onyone saw any auctions of them - feel free to PM me.

Comment

Working...
                              X