X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
    This finish is pretty cool...

From those 2, I'd take the Ibanez...

But I would take that money and try to find a MIJ Ibanez RG. 520, 550, 570. That kind of thing...
    Plus...street pricing on this one new is around $389.00! I played it, and
    it was pretty solid. Much better than most of the indonesian Iby's that
    usually go for $350.

Comment

Go for a Japanese charvel or older ibanez instead. You'll be getting much more quality for the dollar. I played one of those ibanez's and it felt like a toy compared to my older Japanese RG.

Comment

I have an M200...It's a pretty good guitar with a set-thru neck. The bridge is just 'ok' as it doesn't have the solid feel of an OFR and it's a bit on the stiff side.

The main drawback with this guitar is the pickups. They're really crappy passive EMG style pups and they should be the first thing to go. One good thing, this guitar actually sounds quite nice with a clean tone (it has a built-in coil tap) but as soon as you turn up the gain things get ugly.

If you choose this guitar, just know you'll need to start looking at replacement pickups. With that done, and perhaps an OFR down the road, you'd have a solid guitar.
        ------------------------------------------------
        Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Between the two I'd take the RG. The LTD just seems cheap I guess. I associate agathis with piece of shit BC Rich low end guitars.
          I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
          X