My last guitar purchase of 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My last guitar purchase of 2007

Well then, this will probably my last guitar purchase in 2007. I went to my local shop with the intention of getting a few parts when the guy goes. "You interrested in a project guitar I lost interrest in finishing?" Before handing me THIS...

This Limited Edition Les Paul Custom was bought by a customer who couldn't make up his mind, he had the mechanics of the Bigsby removed played it for two weeks before returning it to the store to trade it in for a sunburst Les Paul stating that he liked Sunburst better.

All it really needs is a new Bigsby but I think I'll leave it the way it is, it plays perfectly normal and I like the way the Bigsby tail looks and there's no arm that gets in the way when I reach for the pots.

I played an axe with a Bigsby, stayed in tune great and was fun to use!

nice Epi! good ol' gold hardware
    Out Of Ideas

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer View Post
      This Limited Edition Les Paul Custom
      I notice you forgot to include the name Epiphone there in your description. just saying....

LPC it ain't.
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

put a third pickup in it and get the bigsby arm back on and youll have that early jimmy page vibe down!!

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
          I notice you forgot to include the name Epiphone there in your description. just saying....

LPC it ain't.
          To quote Les Paul himself: "If it says 'Les Paul' on the headstock it's a Les Paul"

And Epiphone DOES offer limited edition models and this is one of them.

Comment

I like it

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer View Post
              To quote Les Paul himself: "If it says 'Les Paul' on the headstock it's a Les Paul"
              yeah he said that how long after the big check from Gibson/Epiphone hit his account?

it's a cool axe dude, I was just messing with ya.
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Hey it's not as bad as all the assholes on Ebay who are selling LTDs, and fail to mention that in the auction title. Here's the typical one:

"ESP Dave Mustaine DV8R MINT CONDITION"

But of course, when you open the auction page, the pictures show an LTD. This kinda thing pisses me off. If I wanted an LTD, I'd include that in my search you dumb fucks.

Hey, nice Epi LP by the way!
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                  LPC it ain't.
                  LPC would be a deal breaker nowadays. Those Epis are way nice than the garbage Gibby is pumping out. Not knock at Gibbys, or their owners, but the name is failing to sell the axe for the asking price.
                  There is no "team" in "Fuck You!"

Comment

Originally posted by Joelski View Post
                    LPC would be a deal breaker nowadays. Those Epis are way nice than the garbage Gibby is pumping out. Not knock at Gibbys, or their owners, but the name is failing to sell the axe for the asking price.
                    +1 on that! Save $2K...and buy a custom Epi! Certainly within 10%
                    of the overall build quality imo

Comment

Working...
                    X