Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washburn WI66Pro review

Just got it from Darylv
    It had a cracked neck that was repaired and I got it with no electronics in it at all.
    I installed an Ibanez INF1 in the neck and an Ibanez V1 in the bridge along with 2 500K volumes and a LP style 3 way toggle. I didn't wire in tone controls because I don't use them. I love Ibanez pickups btw...
    The guitar came with a newly installed bone nut and Sperzels.
    I strung it up with Carvin (GHS) 10-46 gauge.

This guitar sounds and plays fantastic. It has action as low and slinky as any PRS I have ever owned. Intonation is perfect with no dead spots or buzzing anywhere. It has the Buzz Feiten tuning system. Fit and finish are outstanding. The top is at least 1/4" thick. I had to use long shaft pots. Neck profile reminds me VERY much of the PRS wide/fat neck. Its the same neck profile that is on the PRS Santana SE models. Bound body and neck, pretty inlays, and a very classy headstock. Mine is a ruby red quilt top. Carved top mahogany body with a quilted maple top, mahogany set neck, 14 degree radius, pearl wing inlays... this guitar is loaded.

They sell pretty cheap used so if you were looking for something that is every bit as good as a PRS and extremely similar but a ton less expensive you should check out one of these guitars. If you like a fat chunky neck, 22 jumbo frets and super low slinky action you will love this guitar.
    If I closed my eyes I would swear I was playing a PRS singlecut. Here is a stock pic of one. The quilt top is very deep with a very nice finish.

Nice John. I've always liked the look of those.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
    X