Vester question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vester question?

Found a Vester Concert II in decent id say 7+ condition at a local shop. They are asking 185 for it.

Trans red hardware seems in great shape no bar as usual. I played it a bit and it seemed decent for a knock around axe. Not sure of the history on these. I seem to only find them on a bunch of foreign sites.

I found one on evil bay but I am assuming the guy is on the pipe at 600 and change.

Any info would be great!
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

They were Korean. Not bad from the ones I played, but they had pretty bland pickups and horrible hardware. I would get him down to about $155 cash on it.

Comment

That is high. I had one , nice feel to the neck but I had to glue the neck back together at the nut and glue the pickup back onto the plate.

Comment

Vesters were made in Japan as well though...

Here's the Wiki on Vester:

I've got one myself! It's a trans Blue Concert Series II:

I use it with a POD XT in this video:

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONEThis is probably the best solo ever made, when it comes to feeling what You play. This is my Christmas gift to all of You :)Gear: Vest...

Awesome guitar! Mine's MIJ and really high quality.
        - Andi Kravljaca -

Comment

awesome playing and tone man !
          Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
          Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

^That one looks great. I had bad expierence with Vesters though, but I'm not sure with model it was. The trem actually broke of :/.
            "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

When I was in S. Korea in the mid '90s, they were everywhere. At the time, Vesters and Samicks were the only guitars there that I could be sure weren't knock offs. I felt Samicks were a little higher quality (and cost a bit more). Pricing in the mid '90's started around the $250 dollar range (USD in Korea), and went up from there. I returned to S. Korea in '01, but didn't see any Vesters.

Comment

I dont remember Vester ever being made in Japan. As far as I know, Midco just replaced the Arbor brand with Vester on their superstrat knock offs, and kept the Arbor name for Gibson knockoffs until they mothballed Arbor. I have never seen a Vester say "Made in Japan.".............

Comment

A guy I went to high school with played a Vester "Dinky" in a blue-red-yellow crackle finish, presumably built around 1990. I haven´t seen that guitar for years and years, but as far as I can remember it had pretty good workmanship for a cheap knock-off and a solid wood body. The single locking bridge was pretty horrible, though, and ended up blocked both ways. I can´t comment on the pickups, since he´d changed them for pickups that came out of a japanese Fender.

Comment

There is a black and silver crackle neck thru Vester in a pawn shop close to me.Quite a nice guitar really looks identical to a model 6 except for the headstock.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I bought one of those cobalt blue flagship models from the magazine ad. After a few weeks of playing it I realized the fretwork was bad and something was wrong with the neck. Even though it looked hot, it played like crap. Of course, you can always find a $100 turd and also sometimes a $3000 turd. I have played alot of cheap guitars that were great also.
                      Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

my guitat teacher has about 10 of them... he says they are alright.. they are mainly for backup
                        If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Comment

Picked up the neck thru Vester II concert series in black and siver crackle today and its a keeper plays great and sounds killer too.
                          1 hum, 1 slanted single and a decent recessed floyd copy,Gotoh tuners.Binding has yellowed nicely, missing 1 strap button but the rest is intact. 9 out of 10 shape wise.
                          Ontario cavity route looks just like a model 6 route.Trem cavity is not recessed.
                          New strings and a fresh set up should get this one up to snuff.
                          Last edited by straycat; 12-29-2007, 03:29 PM.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Good luck with Your new Vester!
                            - Andi Kravljaca -

Comment

Cool deal stray. I will hit the shpop this weekend see if its still there I may snag it as a beater.

Kinda tapped on funds right now though so we shall see.
                              Haters gonna hate
                              Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X