Ibanez Jem77PMC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez Jem77PMC

Posting this as a follow up to my other thread, one of those guitars that I love but wouldn't be seen in public with. Clown puke is one way I've heard it described.

I'm just as much a collector as I am a player and this is a very hard to find model. Each were individually painted so no two are alike. Because of their very low availibilty buyers can't always be too picky but I do particularly like this one because of the way the paint matches the fretboard inlays.

I like it

I had one of the orig. 7 string universe models with the swirl paint that looked awesome,,,wish i had kept it though
    "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Dude, that is a nice axe... Merry Christmas too!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Awesome I like the way the inlays match the swirl and pickups. Really eye catching!
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Wow I like that one!
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Great players and great investments.

Comment

That looks terrific - I'd play that in public anytime!

Comment

That is a perfect match to the fretboard... nice condition too! More
                Jem love please? More pics! And what year was this? 92'?

Comment

Super Sweet.
                  That one should be in public not in the closet..
                  http://www.facebook.com/HairRaidBand

Comment

Great swirl!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                      That looks terrific - I'd play that in public anytime!
                      I'd play it in public too. Then again, I'm in an 80's cover band I love graphics and flashy guitars
                      Rudy
                      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Wow, I'm glad I didn't get laughed out of town. Being new to this forum I guess I was expecting to encounter a more hostile environment towards non-Jackson guitars. I'm really glad to find out otherwise.

The PMC is a 1991 and yes, a lot of the Jems really are great players. My favorite player at the moment though is the Jem Blue Floral pattern pictured below. When it's on it just sings and stays in tune perfectly all night long.

Now, lest anyone think that I'm overly Ibanez biased, I also have a regular Jem Floral Pattern, the one you usually see around but it is getting sold to help pay for the new RR1. It was my first Jem but I just never really got in to playing that one for some reason. It is also easily replaceable if I regret my decision later on. I'd have to think a LOT harder about selling the Jem BFP or PMC though.

Last edited by Tonelover; 12-27-2007, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Another awesome JEM. Really nice stuff. I just recently bought a new Bad Horsie on a closeout and a used '97 JEM7VWH, that I put a Floyd Rose Speedloader on. It's a few dozen posts down.

There are quite a few members with JEM's and Ibanez's on the forum.
                          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Awesome Jems!! Def don't sell those. There not easy to find and you will never replace em for cheap! Heres mine............

And the one my little Bro hooked me up with for Christmas!! He bought all the parts and the body off of Ebay, refinished it, assembled it and set it up his self! I still need to decide what to call it.. I'm thinkin PPM short for Purple Parts Mutt.

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

What are the PU's on the PPM? X2Ns?

Comment

Working...
                              X