Ibanez RG3 EX1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez RG3 EX1

I bought an RG3 EX1 last year, it's spent most of it's time in the case. I just pulled it out and I do like it a lot though I really need to change out the bridge pickup.

Anyway, I was curious if anyone here could tell me what the body material is? It's got a quilt top and I'm thinking the body is Ash I'm not sure.

thanks
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

gotta love GCs description that says it is ash in one part and basswoody in another.

Comment

I am pretty sure it is basswood. This was a heavy topic of discussion on the Ibanez forums about a year ago. The ash body is a misprint, one of the members took apart his RG3EXQM1 and verified it was basswood. I purchased one about a year ago and put in CTS pots, a new 3-way switch and GFS Hex Overwound pickups (I think they are a Full Shred copy). This guitar really sounds good now! I absolutely hated the Designed by EMG pickups they came with and the pots and 3-way switch are junk. Check the wire that is grounded to the bridge, mine was loose.

Jackson DK2M Red Ghost Flame
      Jackson Performer RR
      Ibanez RG7421 w/Blaze's
      Fender Acoustic
      Blackstar HT-5 head
      Blackheart 1X12 cabinet
      Rocktron Xpression effects rack

Comment

Cool! Thanks for the info!
        In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Working...
        X