No announcement yet.

So who of you has custom made guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who of you has custom made guitars?

So far we all shared our regular runn of the mill guitars and the purchase of those with each other but who of you guys owns a one-of-a-kind custom built number made to your specs? With me I can answer wholeheartedly "Yes." and the most rewarding thing about my custom guitars is that I made them myself.

The Goblin
    My Main guitar with the metal band I'm playing in. This one came when I really made a conscious decision of wanting to do away with all kinds of gimmics and play plugged straight into the amp. The guitar is as basic as can be and yet now I think I could have done without even the tone knob and the coil tap since I never use them.

"Amber"
    This one was me building a guitar from scratch. My re-think of a Les Paul, it has a master volume and master tone and the Three way switch at a place where I don't bump in it. I made it from Cedrella which accounts to its bright Gretsch-like sound. In the band I use it as a backup for the Goblin

My Custom made Jan Knooren Five String
    I paid my dues working for the Knooren handcrafted instruments workshop. So my boss told me that we were going to make ME a bass to my own specs. Seeing as I was playing an Aria Pro 2 SB1000 bass at the time I decided to have a five string version of that. Of course it ended up a different animal than the Aria, for one thing, it doesn't have a neck through body construction. And the pickup (Which was also custom wound to my specs) sounds more like a musicman pickup. I use this one as my main studio bass.

Waddaya want, a cookie?!
    I'm not Ron!

Comment

What are the big round filled in spots in that first pic? like the post were drilled wrong and filled???

WTF?? Sorry....

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S-man View Post
        What are the big round filled in spots in that first pic? like the post were drilled wrong and filled???

WTF?? Sorry....

They look like "doh! holes".

Comment

The fret markers on the bass aint straight! Either that or I'm still focusing on that Caparison that came up in another thread.
          Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
            They look like "doh! holes".
            :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
            "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
              The fret markers on the bass aint straight! Either that or I'm still focusing on that Caparison that came up in another thread.
              You're wrong. What you see is the fact that the string allignment on the bridge wasn't properly adjusted when that picture was taken.

As for the filled in holes on that first guitar, yup i'll be the first to admit that it was a SNAFU.

Comment

Snafu = butcher block..

Sorry bro.
                sigpic

Comment

Blazer, kudos for having the balls to work on a new design instead of taking the easy street (like "Strat Alley" or "Tele Lane"). I did make fun of you in that other thread for the "schlonghorn" thing, but all kidding aside maybe you can obscure the phallic shape a bit more on those horns? I think the goblin has a certain charm, although it does look like a ghost wearing a wifebeater.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                    ... I think the goblin has a certain charm, although it does look like a ghost wearing a wifebeater.

Balzer, Kudos to you bro for your work though, more than I've ever done beyond building the occasional parts mutt.

Not my cup-o-tea, but to each his own.

-Steve
                    Guitars:
                    '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                    '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                    '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                    Amp:
                    VOX AD30VT

Comment

Originally posted by toddstaples View Post
                      :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
                      They look like DUH! holes.
                      sigpic

Comment

lets see the pics of the guitars you have built?

Comment

And all of your comments are pretty "duh" as well. He's made some nice guitars on his own, and you feel the need to make comments about how you don't like them? Let's see what you've made.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ummm, yup.
                            I'll be the first to admit it isn't the
                            best looking, but it is, without a doubt,
                            a start. And it sounds killer.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                              And all of your comments are pretty "duh" as well. He's made some nice guitars on his own, and you feel the need to make comments about how you don't like them? Let's see what you've made.

Here is mine...

Just Kidding..

"one-of-a-kind custom built number made to your specs"....Just doesn't sound like something that would have filled holes in the top.

Anyway...I apologise for being a jerk.

Last edited by S-man; 12-27-2007, 11:12 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X