Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender FrankenTele!!

Ok stay with me please.....

I found my Tele today,put it on layaway for now so i don`t have any pics yet of course. It looks like it might have been a project of someone that was done to look like a 52 or something. The body is a 3 piece Alder,you can tell from the top edges and on the bottom that its 3 pieces and also from the grain that it is Alder. Nice and light with excellent sustain. It is done in a Butterscotch color (transparent) with a Black pickguard. Either the body is a real Fender that was refinished or made by someone from some nice Alder i don`t know but it doesn`t matter because its great! It has a vintage type bridge with 3 vintage style brass saddles,single coil pup in the bridge and a chrome covered humbucker in the neck! (sounds amazing!!)Regular 3 way tele switch and vol/tone knobs. The strap buttons are rectangle shaped black plastic/resin material that looks really nice. Ok now for the neck and this is where i`m a little confused! Its definitely a MIM neck because it has the truss rod adjustment at the headstock with the black plastic piece that fits in the hole. On the front of the headstock it says Fender in the spaghetti logo and in little letters telecaster. It is a 9.5 radius neck with med. jumbo frets and the vintage amber tint. The back of the headstock has a serial number the starts with MN4 with i know would mean a 1994 MIM but there is no made in mexico words anywhere! Does anyone know what neck this might be? Did Fender have any MIM classic series guitars out then and if they did,wouldn`t the truss rod adjustment be at the heel? So i`m confused about the neck but either way it is a fantastic feeling/sounding/playing guitar that i compared to several teles (MIA`s) and it felt just as good if not better then them all! Well thanks for reading this and if anyone has any ideas to what this may be going by my description,please let me know! As soon as i pick up this thing i will post some pics!!!! Thanks!!

Is the Fender lettering Black?
    Could it be a Squire?

Check this site out.. It has a picture of a 52 neck. http://www.geocities.com/alecds/ts39.jpg

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!
    Last edited by JetFixxxer; 12-30-2007, 04:51 PM.
    2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
    2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
    2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
    2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
    2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
    2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
    2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
    2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
    2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
    1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
    1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

Originally posted by JetFixxxer View Post
      Is the Fender lettering Black?
      Could it be a Squire?

Check this site out.. It has a picture of a 52 neck. http://www.geocities.com/alecds/ts39.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/alecds/ts2.html

Squire? NO! Squier... maybe.
      I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

No its not a Squier! Its definitely a MIM Fender neck,it has the serial number! I think its just a MIM Tele that has been upgraded to the max (pups,electronics,hardware,refinished) Not sure if the body is a Fender or not but its a quality 3 piece Alder!!!
        Whatever it is its awesome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Metaled1020 View Post
          No its not a Squier! Its definitely a MIM Fender neck,it has the serial number! I think its just a MIM Tele that has been upgraded to the max (pups,electronics,hardware,refinished) Not sure if the body is a Fender or not but its a quality 3 piece Alder!!!
          Whatever it is its awesome!!!
          It could (which I doubt it) be a different neck but with a Fender Logo on it. <--- however IF that is the case it doesn't matter because it's a nice playing/sounding/feelin guitar...

I agree with Metaled..

Last edited by JetFixxxer; 12-30-2007, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JetFixxxer View Post
            It could (which I doubt it) be a different neck but with a Fender Logo on it. <--- however IF that is the case it doesn't matter because it's a nice playing/sounding/feelin guitar...

I agree with Metaled..
            I doubt its a different neck with the Fender Logo put on it because it also has the MIM Serial number! I know people put Fender Logos on non Fender necks but not MIM Serial numbers!!

Comment

I`ve always known it was a Fender MIM neck,what i don`t know is which one! (series)

Comment

They made some squiers in Mexico.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                  They made some squiers in Mexico.
                  Going by the quality of the neck,its definitely not a squier! (not knocking squier though!) This thing is as nice as the 52 Reissue Tele!!!

I guess the reason why i started this thread is because i was excited about my new axe and i needed to talk about it. I know its hard for anyone to make guesses on exactly what they think it is without seeing it. When i pick it up i will definitely post some pics of this beauty!!!

Comment

Were you getting it from? I stoked to see pictures of it also. So hurry up.

My 94 and 95 squire necks are pretty good quality.
                    Last edited by JetFixxxer; 12-31-2007, 06:07 PM.

Comment

OK....just found out that my Tele is not a FrankenTele at all,it is a MIM Fender Telecaster Special with a few upgrades!!! These were made between 93-98 (from what i`ve read!) and were/are extremely well respected! Made from all USA parts but assembled in Mexico!!!!

Comment

Enjoy the hell out of it, and don't worry about where it came from.
                        A little mystery can be good.
                        Know what I mean?
                        Just dig it man, and tear it up!!!!
                        Let's hear an MP3 of what she sounds like.
                        Better that than some picture I can't hear.
                        hehe
                        "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                        --floydkramer

Comment

Cool deal.
                          I wandered around with my Charvel Model 88 for a dozen years at
                          guitar shows and whatnot before I found out what it was. It wasn't
                          until I joined the JCF last summer, that I got the answer.

Comment

Working...
                          X