Is it me or does anyone else feel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it me or does anyone else feel

that if you replace a neck or anything else that you will let out your guitar's mojo? I received my maple neck for my 95 Strat. (my #1), to replace my rosewood. There isn't anything wrong with my current neck but I really love the maple necks. Now I'm on the fence about replacing it... I want the maple neck but I feel as though I'm betraying my #1... damn I'm a weird fuck.
    2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
    2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
    2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
    2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
    2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
    2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
    2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
    2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
    2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
    1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
    1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

It's a bolt-on. Just mess with it until you get the "Feel" you want. You "Will" see a dif between maple and rosewood.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Play with that neck for a while. Then change the body,too. You're gonna feel the change in the mojo
      I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

over in sullyville, we swap necks annually just to keep those guitars from gettin' all uppity. the neckthrus fuckin' HATE it.

in all seriousness, it's parts, man. granted, i'm a firm believer in the whole is greater than the sum of its parts theory, but you can always put it back.

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

No, it's you.

I'm not Ron!

Comment

i have not changed the strings on my sg in years because i odnt want it to lose that mojo

Comment

Swapping parts with better parts increases mojo. Check out Blackie and that left handed strat Joe Perry played in the 70's for reference.

Comment

Originally posted by livebiz View Post
                Swapping parts with better parts increases mojo. Check out Blackie and that left handed strat Joe Perry played in the 70's for reference.
                No....proof that mojo is in the recording contract....

Comment

I swapped out a Trem bar and Increased mojo by 5%.

sigpic

Comment

Did you screw it in all the way? I bet you can pick up another 1%.
                    I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by Racerx2k View Post
                      Did you screw it in all the way? I bet you can pick up another 1%.
                      :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:

Comment

Dude i'm the same way, just swap it and see if you like it. I get the same vibe. I have a charvie with a crack in the scarf joint, I swapped for another usa neck and I found I liked the cracked one better it's got that irreplaceable MOJO.

Originally posted by JetFixxxer View Post
                        that if you replace a neck or anything else that you will let out your guitar's mojo? I received my maple neck for my 95 Strat. (my #1), to replace my rosewood. There isn't anything wrong with my current neck but I really love the maple necks. Now I'm on the fence about replacing it... I want the maple neck but I feel as though I'm betraying my #1... damn I'm a weird fuck.

Comment

The way I look at it, is that at least 67% of a guitar's identity is it's neck. Of course I'm not talking about how it looks. It's the way it feels, and how it makes you play. Sure, you may have a guitar you like to play, because it sounds a certain way, but if it had a complete ratshit neck, the fact is, you wouldn't play it.

I'd be really freaked out if I had to replace the neck on at least 4 of my guitars, even if they weren't neck thru or set neck.
                          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                            The way I look at it, is that at least 67% of a guitar's identity is it's neck. Of course I'm not talking about how it looks. It's the way it feels, and how it makes you play. Sure, you may have a guitar you like to play, because it sounds a certain way, but if it had a complete ratshit neck, the fact is, you wouldn't play it.

I'd be really freaked out if I had to replace the neck on at least 4 of my guitars, even if they weren't neck thru or set neck.
                            That's why I'm a little bit more than just apprehensive about the homemade Bich....I'm going to build another, but what is it that is giving me that "tone"?
                            Is it what I built into the body, or is it that neck I stuck on it? It sounded good before, but now it sounds great, and that neck is a certified POS I grabbed off a Lotus LP.

Comment

I have a 68 Teisco 110 with an 18 ply neck and its a POS guitar but I love the way it feels and sounds.IMO if it feels good play it.
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                              X