Godin. I always wanted to try one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Godin. I always wanted to try one

so I just bought this. Happy New Year. My first 2008 buy.:ROTF: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=011
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Godin make a great guitar for the money!!!
    These guys use to make alot of Kramer bodies and nanner necks...aka LASIDO
    Drive Fast Cars & Play Cool Guitars!!!

Comment

I've got one too (I think it's a G-4000)- Steve Morse blue sunburst body, Schaller two-point vintage style trem (with rollers on the bridge saddles), and locking tuners.

They're some REALLY nice guitars and they're totally lightweight, too. You can get some incredibly low action out of them, as well.

Comment

I am bored and I saw this ending in 40 minutes. That was enough time for me to do a little research. It was $92 with 15 mins to go. I actually thought this out and my Max bid was $167.95. My first $165 snagged it. I love this shit.

Comment

straight out of the starting block eh fett??

Comment

That's about forty buck more than what I paid for mine ($129 at a pawn shop in Inglewood, CA... the dude didn't know what he had).

You won't be disappointed.

Comment

Oh well. Like I said, I have always wanted a Godin.

Comment

The pickups on the G-series guitars are especially kick-ass- they're designed by Seymour Duncan and (while they aren't totally high-output pickups) they do sound nice and loud when you crank it... sorta like that ZZ Top "Pearly Gates" tone.

One word of warning- be sure you check the selector switch, as they're prone to getting screwed up for some reason. Dunno if it's because of cheap design or because of ham-fisted guitar players who think selecting pickups is like slamming your hot-rod into second gear or something.

Comment

All I know is a CAN/US guitar like a Godin or a USA Peavey is just a steal. These people will wakeup.

Comment

USA Godin is in Berlin NH ..so they can't be half bad!!
                    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Godin guitars are great

Comment

For under $200, I will dip my wick just about anywhere.:ROTF:

Comment

I think you'll be pleased with your purchase, Fett. My buddy is a Godin dealer and I've played a decent number of their guitars and have usually been really impressed with the quality and playability.
                          Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Yeah. They really are. Some out there in guitarland claim that their setups are sorta spotty out of the factory, most new guitars could use a pro setup anyway.

Comment

I have enough guitars and have fukked with the best of them.:ROTF: I set up my guitars to my taste. Just because my taste is in my mouth doesn't stop me.

Comment

Working...
                              X