Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchased a Carvin DC200

Snagged this puppy for $550 on eBay..

I'm pretty excited, Jason Becker used this model of Carvins for a bit.

Originally posted by horns666
    The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Very nice Carvin. Lots of switches.
    Just one more guitar!

Comment

Looks sharp. Good luck with it.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

congrats !! i like the cream pups
        Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
        Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Beautiful guitar! I remember those days when Carvins were styled kind of like a milder version of a BC Rich - or that's how I saw them in the early 80s anyway! Except my CM130 which is like a LP Jr. in style.

Anyway, those guitars play like a dream, I've never found a guitar that plays better than my CM130 and those DC200s play the same way. Congratulations on your score!
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

ummm..never saw jason becker with a carvin like that. no sir. Becker's were all maple for a start with maple fretboard and were pretty much strat bodies, not that shape. and more jackson style headstocks. the only think remotely becker on that is the fact it has 2 hums a kahler and 4 vol/tone knobs. even then the knobs aren't the same (i think he use the chicken head ones on his carvins)

having said that it also looks like the kahler on that is added judging by the nut and where the clamp is.

doe slook nice tho

Comment

congrats... keep us posted on how she plays/how you like it in the long run.
              switches, yes... lots, but... lot's of options too.
              may not just be a studio rig though... may be quite awesome live.
              I must confess to getting major GAS for ebony
              I feel like Homer Simpson... ebonyyyyyyyyy mmmmmmmmmmmmm
              "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
              --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
                ummm..never saw jason becker with a carvin like that. no sir. Becker's were all maple for a start with maple fretboard and were pretty much strat bodies, not that shape. and more jackson style headstocks. the only think remotely becker on that is the fact it has 2 hums a kahler and 4 vol/tone knobs. even then the knobs aren't the same (i think he use the chicken head ones on his carvins)

having said that it also looks like the kahler on that is added judging by the nut and where the clamp is.

doe slook nice tho
                DC200 basically refers to the MOP block inlays and 2 humbuckers in the Carvin line, even when they changed body and headstock styles. So Becker's weren't like that one, but that IS the same model designation.

That is a factory Carvin Kahler install, the first couple of years they did put the lock clamp away from the nut like that. My 1984 V220 was like that.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Heh. You're correct. Becker had one like this one:
                  Except it was red. and the jewel blue one with the maple board....

Comment

Very Nice!

Love the ebony board!
                    Drive Fast Cars & Play Cool Guitars!!!

Comment

Carvins are the best used axes (bang for the buck) out there imo..
                      Thats a great one! Ive got the Walnut DC135 with Piezo...
                      They seem to have terrible resale value, but thats A GOOD THING!
                      The best $500 you ever spent!

Comment

I like Carvin and they make some great stuff but for some reason i get bored with em fairly quickly!! (I`ve had 3 Carvin guitars!)

Comment

I think Marty is using one of them in this video,

If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

Working...
                          X