No announcement yet.

some Gibson Explorers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice explorers, Peter! Good luck hunting.

Comment

I see that the '83 has a chamfer on the top of the body. Is the whole guitar that way? It's hard to tell in the picture. I ask because I once owned an Explorer that was "radiused" all-round. I was never sure if was meant to be like it, or if a previous owner had gone mad with a rasp.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
        I see that the '83 has a chamfer on the top of the body. Is the whole guitar that way? It's hard to tell in the picture. I ask because I once owned an Explorer that was "radiused" all-round. I was never sure if was meant to be like it, or if a previous owner had gone mad with a rasp.
        It's also smaller overall than the cream coloured one. At least it looks like it is.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
          It's also smaller overall than the cream coloured one. At least it looks like it is.
          yep, slightly smaller and with body contours..

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
            Many of the E/2's (1979-82) had contoured bodies. They were the best Explorers ever made w/o a doubt. I had a clear maple finished and a tobaccoburst. Both weighed about 12lbs
            2001 Les Paul Standard
            2010 Explorer '76 RI
            1988 Charvel Model 3

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Stump View Post
              Many of the E/2's (1979-82) had contoured bodies. They were the best Explorers ever made w/o a doubt. I had a clear maple finished and a tobaccoburst. Both weighed about 12lbs
              Those were killer guitars...and they had usable pickups (for hard rock/metal) unlike the V/2 with those boomerang pickups. Mine was heavy as well...probably why I sold it (I don't exactly recall).

Comment

Working...
              X