Mantis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mantis

Found a mid 80s Peavey Mantis today black with a maple /maple neck, 1 hum and vintage trem.
    Very cool with a little player wear but all original hardware.Plugged in it the J-station to test the electronics and this thing wails.
    Very comfy sitting or standing so I give it a thumbs up.Of course I got it for a fett price!!
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Pics!!

Comment

I don't do pics but I'm sure someone will post catalog pics or pics of theirs.
      Kind of a V shape crossed with an explorer.

Comment

I always thought the mantis was cool. I really like them in black or white. The pickguard even looks cool.
        Great find!
        When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Had it all apart and cleaned it up and everything is original down to the Klusen vintage tuners.Klusen made them for Peavey.They are a little different as far as the mounting screw placement goes.
          The pickup is a real screamer.Most Peavey pickups are pretty good and are quite popular with the country music crowd.They use them in the neck position on teles.

Comment

Working...
          X