MIM Fenders vs. G&L Tributes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIM Fenders vs. G&L Tributes

Ok,here we have the import versions of both companies....if you had to choose between the two which one would you pick and why? Lets keep it Strats against Strats and Teles against Teles!!

I did a little look on ebay at the G&L's. I have never tried one. That being said, I would go for a MIM Fender. About 1996 or under. A good used one is in the $250 or less range. And there is no getting around the classic Fender headstock.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I`m a big Fender fan i know their MIM models well.

Going to a local music store tomorrow that just recently became a G&L/Tribute dealer to check em out! Seen a few USA G&L`s but never any Tributes in person so it should be interesting!!!
      I`m sure i`ll go with Fender unless the G&L`s really knock me out!!

Comment

The older (mid 90's) G&L Tribute S-500 strats are better than most USA Strats I've played.

I haven't played any of the newer ones, so I can't help you there.
        -Rick

Comment

i played a tele G&L import, i wasn't blown away. but then again the only thing that has ever impressed me from fender was a johnson strat. that middle pup kicks ass. by the way, i played a $13,500 PRS semi-hollow, double cutaway, strat, that thing played and felt like a toy...
          "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

The Fender headstock is cool, but I don't like that they only have 21 frets. I don't particularly like the G&L headstock but if their Tributes have 22 frets and the prices are comparable then I'd probably go with G&L.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Well i just got back from trying out some Tributes and IMO the MIM Fenders are MUCH better!!! The Tributes are pretty nice except the necks feel cheap to me. Maybe if they were finished better or had the gloss finish to them they would seem nicer but.....Also those headstocks are pretty fugly!!!!

Comment

I rest my case, not included.:ROTF: The only G&L I would buy is a real one. MIM Strats are tits. Just smaller ones. But they feel just as good.
                Last edited by fett; 01-08-2008, 04:11 PM.
                I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
                  by the way, i played a $13,500 PRS semi-hollow, double cutaway, strat, that thing played and felt like a toy...
                  Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                    I rest my case, not included.:ROTF: The only G&L I would but is a real one. MIM Strats are tits. Just smaller ones. But they feel just as good.
                    Thats the best way i`ve ever heard someone describe a MIM Fender.

Comment

If the MIM strats had 22 frets, they would sell like hotcakes. But of course, this would cut out the MIA sales ,too much .
                      I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Working...
                      X