Purplish Blue RG550

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purplish Blue RG550

I know that a bunch of you guys also have some Ibanezes (sp?) and the ones that do rave about them, so I picked up this RG550 yesterday.

Without flash:

Serial number is F929XXX, so I am guessing that it's either an '89 or a '92 model.

It's pretty clean for an 18 year old (or 16 year old) guitar.

Having played it for about ten minutes so far, the fretboard is flatter than I am used to, and the neck feels narrow (not thin). I can probably get used to it if I play it more (I hope).

The pickups are the stock V1, S1, and V2. There is a big volume drop at positions 2 and 4 using the 5-way PU selector. I may adjust the height of the middle single coil, or leave it alone, as I usually use either the bridge or neck humbuckers. Of course, this is probably because all my other guitars at the moment are 2 hum guitars, and this may change as I get more used to having an H-S-H configuration.

The baseplate of the Edge trem is not flat like that of a Floyd. I am assuming that I have the trem set up correctly with the fine tuners parallel to the strings.

If I'm wrong, somebody tell me quick
    Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Here`s mine RG370DX. It is 3 years old. I just picked it up today. It has ToneZone in bridge, Evolution on neck and Edge Pro Floyd.
    It`s now a really great guitar.

Last edited by Allu; 01-08-2008, 11:31 PM.
    http://www.myspace.com/insidemycasket

Comment

Time to do some crazy shredding!

Comment

here's mine 1999 7620 7 string.
        I never thought I'd ever find an Ibby that I actually liked ,
        but I love this thing. I should of bought Pete's last year when he sold his.
        that's just a smudge on the lower own.
        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

The color is called Jewel Blue.
          Here's my 1987 RG 560... first year for the color.
          It's seen better days, but still plays and sounds great.

-Rick

Comment

F'n A dude!

Love the colour

My only Ibenhad...
            Drive Fast Cars & Play Cool Guitars!!!

Comment

Ahh...

The Ibanezes are coming out of the woodwork

I checked over at jemsite to see whether I could figure out the year from the serial. The serial suggests that it is a 1989 model, but I also read a post that said that the 1989 models had black headstocks, whereas mine matches the body finish

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
              The color is called Jewel Blue.
              Neither your photos nor mine shows off the "purple" aspect of the finish, but it's there!
              Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Sweet. Love that color blue!
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The trem position is correct.Killer color.
                  I'd say your intonation is way off.Fix that first.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Yep, she's an '89 made at the Fuji Gen Gakki factory and is number 29XXX manufactured that year. As you can see mine as a matching headstock. I imagine there was a transition period when there were guitars with both black and matching headstocks available.

Here's my '89 560, another 560 and a 570
                    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

You scored! They have a way of growing on you... I have 3 now...love em! (resist posting pics again Bob!...Resist!) :ROTF:

Comment

Some really NICE rgs here. I've got 2 sevens (7420 Magenta Crush F serial number and a Royal Blue flake 1527) and one 6 string.. don't remember the model number, but its a Silver and Black matte sponge finished thing with an really flamey neck..2720 or something like that.. they only made them for a year.
                        DiMarzio Endorsee
                        www.dimarzio.com
                        Morley Endorsee
                        www.morley.com
                        "Intelli-Shred" author
                        www.myspace.com/intellishred
                        NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                          The trem position is correct.Killer color.
                          I'd say your intonation is way off.Fix that first.
                          I played the guitar a little more today, noticed that some of the notes above the 12th fret were sounding a little sharp, and fixed the intonation

Originally posted by shobet View Post
                          Yep, she's an '89 made at the Fuji Gen Gakki factory and is number 29XXX manufactured that year. As you can see mine as a matching headstock. I imagine there was a transition period when there were guitars with both black and matching headstocks available.

Here's my '89 560, another 560 and a 570
                          I love the flip flop purple finish on your 570!

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                          You scored! They have a way of growing on you... I have 3 now...love em! (resist posting pics again Bob!...Resist!) :ROTF:
                          I've seen pics of your Ibanezes on other threads, Mr Burns... You've got some awesome axes. Feel free to post pics of them again here

Comment

Hey...it was a request, i had to do it!

1994' made only 1 year USA Custom.. neck is about 1/2" overall at
                            the first fret! (that's right...1/2"!) 1/4" thinner than ANY Ibenhad
                            ive ever seen... A Shredding Utopia!
                            It has the steel truss rod Zero tension neck..."floting".. its the
                            clearest most defined axe i have..amazing for hammer/tapping..
                            you hear everything perfectly, no matter how fast.

2005' swirl .. with custom neck by "Cristopher Woods"..bubinga double backstripe...ebony, and 3 different inlays in the vine'..
                            Ive heard less than 50 made worldwide.

And Little' Stevie's favorite.... Baaad Horsie!

And whats really great...is my Brother in law has 2 of these! So i get to play em...without PAYIN' for them! Perfect!

And this one, is almost back home to "Papa"...where she belongs !!!!!!

Anyone wanna see my Flame Jackson DKMG?? Hello?...anyone? LOL
                            Last edited by Robert Burns; 01-09-2008, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Fuck it, I'm in too...

1999 RG520QSTB. I love these models because they are made of mahogany. Drool...

1999 RG7620VK. Found this for 99 bucks at a Guitar Center in Wisconsin. Needed some work but worth it...

2002 RG420BK customized by Josh Rand. Cool as fuck...

That's all for now. These seem to find me every now and then. They come and stay a while then go to the next loving home...
                              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Working...
                              X