Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone using Planet Waves locking/tuners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using Planet Waves locking/tuners?

Not sure if this belongs here but...

Just wondering about the quality of these. If anyone has these or has used them before,like to get your opinions on them?

Are you talking about the PW auto trim tuners? I put them on a Variax and loved them. It made string changes a breeze and the tuning problem I had on my Variax went away.

Comment

i havent but after installing sperzels on an old Bigsby'd gretsch i swear by them. if youve played an old gretsch like that youde know they are almost impossible to keep in tune, but the sperzels worked great.

Comment

Originally posted by Metaled1020 View Post
        Not sure if this belongs here but...

Just wondering about the quality of these. If anyone has these or has used them before,like to get your opinions on them?
        Yep, I have them on a Model 1. They do work great. Strings, locks and trims all in one motion. My favs are Sperzels however.
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Very cool,thanks!!

Comment

I have the self clipping ones on the Warmoth, very cool.
            Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

+ a million on the PW locking/trimming tuners, they work so great.
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

wow, never heard of these before. I'm going to order a pair and pop them on my washburn that has "unique" tuning problems. thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by ezbprimerib View Post
                  wow, never heard of these before. I'm going to order a pair and pop them on my washburn that has "unique" tuning problems. thanks guys
                  you should really think about getting six...j/k
                  I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

Originally posted by quadperson View Post
                    you should really think about getting six...j/k
                    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Thats funny that this was posted because I was over a friends house last night and he showed me his Line Six with the planet wave tuners.. Once in tune it cuts the string. I thought that was cool.
                      2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
                      2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
                      2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
                      2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
                      2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
                      2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
                      2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
                      2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
                      2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
                      1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
                      1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

I bought a set of Grover mini locking tuners yesterday just to try them.Put them on my Jackson DX 10 with a DR-3 neck and they work really well.
                        The cool thing if you need to work on a fret you can block the floyd, detune, pop the strings out do what you have to do and then put it back together,tune to pitch and play.
                        I know why locking tuners on a floyd guitar?The Grovers were all I could find that were left hand tuners for a reverse headstock.
                        I like the PW auto trim lockers the best
                        Last edited by straycat; 01-13-2008, 01:14 PM.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                        X