Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommend me a classical nylon guitar...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm also hearing very good things about the Yamaha 151 and 171 guitars, and the Aria AC-35. My understand is that all of these are in the near $300 range.
    Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

I have a Spruce top Rodriguez I have owned for a number of years, I adore it. More recently, I found my self wandering around the seventh level of hell, ( aka, hell of a thousand noises, or more commonly Guitar Center) and played a cedar top Rodriguez, it too was quite the player, nice tone, and I think it was in the $250 - $350 range.

Comment

classical guitars are in a class by themselves price wise. Check out this site for some of the crazy priced ones.

Dean MAB2 Aviator Signed
        Dean MAB1 Armor Flame Signed #3
        Dean RC7 Rusty Cooley 7
        ESP Horizon NTII
        Jackson SL1 USA
        Jackson PC1 USA
        Ibanez RGA-121
        Ibanez PGM 301
        Ibanez UV777BK Strung to high A
        Maton EBG808 TE (Tommy E)
        Alvarez CY127CE
        Click here for my You Tube Page!!!!

Comment

Look for one with a solid top.

Takamine used to makes some decent low priced guitars.

When I used to work in a guitar shop we would get in batches of guitars and I would have to tune them and put them out. I noticed that with the cheaper guitars most would kind of suck, but every now and then one would be really nice. Just variability in manufacture I guess. My point being...if you want a cheap one play lots of them until you find one you like.

I have an old Ibanez GA120S. My teacher (~ 20 years ago) started getting me into classical guitar. One day this guitar came in (used I think). He and the owner said "Buy This!"...so I did. I only paid a couple hundred for it. It is a great guitar and plays much better than most of the $3K+ stuff at GC. I think it was a rare gem, but you can find them if you look.

Comment

If you can find one, get an old 70s Guild. They kick ass.
            This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
              Like this one? http://cgi.ebay.com/La-Patrie-Godin-...QQcmdZViewItem

Edit: I just looked some of the specs up... and on any of the ones Id be able to afford, the back and sides are all laminate, so theyre out.
              Just thought I'd let you know that I have one of these. Fantastic little guitar and the top is solid which is the most important element. It sounds fantastic.

I would guess that you will have a very inflated budget if you want all solid.

That Takamine G128S is NOT solid back and sides.
              Last edited by goodwood; 01-18-2008, 03:49 PM.
              My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

Alhambra makes very nice classical guitars in all price ranges, but I don't know what their US distribution is like.

Comment

Took a chance and hit this one:

Full review when I get it.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Nice
                    Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Working...
                    X