Pimped out Peavey V-Type!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pimped out Peavey V-Type!

Just got this in from the States and cleared it through customs a few days ago...

Great guitar, good quality workmanship for the price - you can of course catch tiny flaws in the binding/inlay work etc if you look for it, but overall it's very well done considering how labour intensive all that stuff would have been.

Neck profile reminds me of the Model 6 I had, maybe even a bit faster - the neck through "heel" is definitely great for upper frets access. Stock pickups are the weak point, really hot ceramic 'buckers, abit sterile and over compressed as result. Will swap em out in future I think.

I'm loving the satin gold hardware, it's a bit different from the usual glossy stuff. The "donut" tuners also look way cool.

Here are the pics...

I love the colour, it looks really classy. I've heard good things about these guitars too.

Comment

Those pictures look familiar!

Comment

Cool guitar. It's true, they really are pimped out. I had one with a trans purple quilt top for awhile.

Comment

i really think i want one of these. i have been mulling it over for years...

Comment

that looks awesome!

Comment

It snows in new zealand? lol Nice Vtype. Ive always liked the look of white with gold. hardware.
              Gil

Comment

hey cheater! those are the sellers pics! LOL

I wish I had hopped on that when I had a shot at it. but what can you do?

Nice axe!
                Out Of Ideas

Comment

Wow! That's bad ass!
                  "Hard work is for people short on talent." -George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by demeyes View Post
                    I love the colour, it looks really classy.
                    Yeah, the white and gold is awesome combined with that killer binding.
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Thanks Stuka... I think it's a decent balance, a quilt top with all that binding would probably nudge it over the top on the pimp-o-meter!

Originally posted by Frigo89 View Post
                      hey cheater! those are the sellers pics! LOL

I wish I had hopped on that when I had a shot at it. but what can you do?

Nice axe!
                      Yeah, I've been too busy playing it to take my own! You got me...

JACKSONFREAK - well, it does snow in NZ, but the secret's already out, those aren't my pics

Comment

Ive always liked your pics of that one! (didnt you post this before?)
                        Anyway...it looks like it cost $2400.00 so that's a good thing!

Comment

That was Uberthrall's guitar.

You can see my purple Vtype in that thread as well
                          If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

Ah, didn't know Uberthrall was on this board too. Got it from him via JEMsite. The snowy pics rock!

Comment

Working...
                            X