X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by straycat View Post
    The body is a double cut like a Yamaha Weddington but more rounded
    Isn't the Weddington a single-cut?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Maybe. I had a what I was told was a Weddington and it was DC.That was a few years ago so I could be wrong.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Maybe a Sanox...I use to sell these a long time ago...not sure it was 70s though probably 80s...

This is the headstock...they made many body styles that were nods to BCR, Yamaha, etc ...
        Mainly came with DMS Super Distortion copies...

Drive Fast Cars & Play Cool Guitars!!!

Comment

The two outer peaks on the headstock are lower and not as pronounced.

Comment

ibanez had a headstock like that

Comment

Ibanez artist series?
              Scott

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy View Post
                Vantage or Aria. Sounds like a Matsumoku factory build nevertheless.
                Couldn't agree more. It almost doesn't matter what the brand was, really.
                Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Well its at rsguitarworks getting some minor body repairs there was some moisture damage in years past it looks like but an easy fix.
                  Then some reconturing of the body to correct some bad sanding by the moron who stripped it.
                  Then on to a full refin in a transparent ox blood color.
                  The staff at RS seem to think that its most likely an Ibanez musician or artist series but not completly sure at this point.
                  I have some 70s DiMarzio pickups that will go in it as well as an RS upgrade kit.Going with aged nickel tone pros TOM and lightweight tail piece.
                  Last edited by straycat; 01-15-2008, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Could it be an Arbor? I know they were doing neckthroughs in the 80s, not sure about before then.

Maybe it's a Jerry Garcia copy?
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I'll search Arbor next.I did Alembic,Ibanez just now and not even close Ibanez concert series was the closest but yet very different.
                      The headstock on mine is just a little taller than the Ibanez and the tuners are farther apart.
                      The center neck thru part on the Ibanez is wider as well.
                      The pics of the Grecos were pretty close. I need to do a search there as well.

Comment

Just searched all the Japanese mfg's and nothing even close.
                        I'm at a loss as to what this is.Arbor is out as is Cort,so its a who knows what!

Comment

If it came out of Matsumoku, which certainly sounds likely, you may not even be able to find a 'manufacturer'. Anyone with some cash could order up a batch of guitars to their spec and have whatever they wanted put on the headstock. For those guitars, like the Washburns, Arias, etc (Westone, Univox, Electra, Ventura, Vantage, Skylark...) the Matsumoku origin is really the only point that matters. The headstock label isn't so important.

Comment

That makes a lot of sense jim777 to look at it that way.Who cares its a damn cool guitar and going to be a fun project.

Comment

Some pics when she's done!

Comment

Working...
                              X