My new Squier. What? Again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Squier. What? Again?

I know this is getting old. But, look at the pic of the neck. I know decals can lie to you. We shall see. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=008
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Nice one Fett. This might actually turn out to be a great guitar.
    -Rick

Comment

I only found out a little about the Lace Californias but what the hell. I had plenty of time to think on this. I didn't hit it real fast.

Comment

How come it says Fender on the neck? I thought Squier's said, well, Squier. Good luck with it, have fun!
        http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
          How come it says Fender on the neck? I thought Squier's said, well, Squier. Good luck with it, have fun!
          Some Squiers came with a big Fender logo and then "Squier Series" in small print on the ball end of the headstock. Or, somebody may have put a Fender logo on it later.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Looks like an upgraded Affinity to me judging by the Headstock shape and the rest of it. Still, that should be a one.

Comment

I like these mystery guitars.

Comment

Lace sensor Pup's are great too! You get are real accurate 50's-60's Strat tone out of them. Congrats!
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

This is a strange one. The body weighs a ton. I'll scrape the inside of the trem cav tomorrow to see if it's solid. The butt says; Capru 05. The Fender tuners are real and the neck has no refilled holes. The neck plate says Squier. The body has a sticker that says; Guitar Customs. I'm stumpted.

Comment

How does it sound?

Comment

Not there yet. I took the day off to buy my Wheels. I'm slow.:ROTF:

Comment

Recent Squier MFG neck note the wide spaced 12th fret dots.Great necks tho'.
                        Check the thickness of the body at the neck pocket down to the neck plate. Some low end Squiers have thinner bodies.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I looked at it real close. It's an Affinity neck with the original logos removed. The Fender Stratocaster is a kinda raised sticker. It has a sticker on the back that reads Street Customs. The body is heavier than any Squire I have except for the one made in India. It's not plywood. I really not sure what it is.

Comment

Nice score... Tell them that you want somebody to inspect it? Taunton MA is pretty close to me.
                            2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
                            2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
                            2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
                            2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
                            2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
                            2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
                            2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
                            2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
                            2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
                            1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
                            1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

What? You mean there really is a Street Customs?

Comment

Working...
                              X