Import Ric basses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import Ric basses?

Is there such a thing, and how would you spot one?
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Anything possible, but I've never seen one. Ever.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

ibanez made some pretty close copies in the 70s, but i wonder if they'd be much less than a used rick at this point, being lawsuit models and all....

Comment

There is a company that is making high quality import copies. I will see if I can dig up the info again. I saw a "ric" 12 string on craigs list until I read the ad I would have sworn it was real..
        Haters gonna hate
        Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

A friend used to have a Univox 4001 back in the 70's, and it was nice enough. I agree the Ibanez ones would be pretty damn expensive these days! Maybe Agile makes something like that, but I'm just guessing here...
          Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

I've seen he Fernandes copy, but in all honesty if I was to get a Ric 4001 (or 4003 - whichever one's best), it'd hafta be a genuine Ric.

Can't believe the prices on them on Ebay, though. Probably because I'm still stinging from the one that sold locally for $275 a few years ago - and I passed it up
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
              I've seen he Fernandes copy, but in all honesty if I was to get a Ric 4001 (or 4003 - whichever one's best), it'd hafta be a genuine Ric.

Can't believe the prices on them on Ebay, though. Probably because I'm still stinging from the one that sold locally for $275 a few years ago - and I passed it up
              I got a 4003 in midnight blue from Musicians Friend 2 years ago for $999 shipped in case...you might want to "request quote", as they're cheaper new than used...very strange market...

As for imports, John Hall is so insanely anal and protective of their patents that I would HIGHLY doubt he's ever outsource overseas...that being said, they run a great company and still turn out a great product that is reasonably priced (at least for a high-end guitar!)
              Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Cool, thanks. Didn't wanna pay USA price for a non-USA model just because a seller wasn't up-front about it.

Comment

Working...
                X