Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I liberated Liberace's pre-pro repro!

Specs:
    - Shell pink with manila polka dots, Charvel, pre-pro repro basswood body by Bighead Guitars
    - Musikraft, Charvel vintage style neck, V-C 1/4 sawn neck: 880-950@12th fret, 1 5/8" bone nut, oil finish, rolled edges, 6105's, brass side markers Sperzel machine heads
    - Vintage Super Distortion w/ period correct Dimarzio volume pot., (no hidden tone pot.)
    - Vintage Charvel brass bridge, wider spaced version, 2 springs and correct mounting screws (Thanks, George)
    - All other brass repro Charvel parts by 'Frets on the Net' (Dave rules)
    - Brass Les Paul style jack plate w/ Switchcraft jack

It stays in tune after sadistic dive bombing and sounds as it should. Too bad I had to use the last of my Auquanet to temporarily blind Liberace when I broke into his studio.

Oh yeah! Fucking nice!
    "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

that kicks ass...

Comment

very cool....great 80's vibe. I like it!
        www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
        My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Love it!
          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Its the tits man love it!!!
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Man, that rocks!
              Does make a "Hello Kitty" Squier look macho, though...
              I hope it's got a rippin' tone to carry off that paintjob.

Comment

Awesome! Really cool! Where have you been these days? Haven't seen you post in awhile! Good to have you back

Hello Kitty has been one up'd!
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I'm starting to really dig Shell Pink.
                  Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Thanks boys, it could not have been done without the wealth of information on the board and Trace's meticulous visual documentation on line. This project started out a couple of years ago, but body some unknown deity kept taunting me with, 'No stupid, gay guitar for you- two years!'

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
                    Awesome! Really cool! Where have you been these days? Haven't seen you post in awhile! Good to have you back Hello Kitty has been one up'd!
                    Hi, I'm baaaaaaaack. Let's just say say teaching full time at an all girls college in Japan is beyond any tangible reality and although I keep going, my body tends to tell me when it's been enough. Enough so, to get me into another erotic fantasy- 24 hours private nurses in a suite at the hospital.

(Or just maybe, it was the way FMIC butcher the brand that got me admited. )

Comment

I've got to make it down to Nagoya sometime so that I can "privately tutor" some of your students...

What subject is it that you teach them anyway?

Oh, and nice pink polka dot guitar

I tried a Hello Kitty Squier at a shop last month, the thing did not stay in tune at all.
                      Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Hi QR, I am the head of oral English at a Tandai attached to a nationally known, mid level university.

I love this thing. It sounds like VHII with about 20% of 'Wicked Sensation' added for good measure. Thankfully, I haved a THD HotPlate to keep the police away. If you are down in March, get ahold of me.

Comment

Working...
                        X