Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retro gunslingers

Has any one bought one of these yet?
    My question is are they imports or USA's?My dealer didn't know for sure.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

The ones in the catalog are imports.

Comment

I emailed a dealer who informed me they are made in Korea.

Comment

Korea? I thought I heard China...
        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

damn i hope its korea
          Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
          Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

China and Korea are nearly on par with each other now. I wouldn't be too concerned either way. I would, however, be concerned with the quality of the raw material moreso than teh construction at this point.

But with that said, I'd be a lot more comfortable with a MIK guitar myself.

Comment

At least you get a DiMarzio super D and a real OFR.The dealer couldnt quote a price either.
              Some of the higher end import Riches are made in Europe, where I don't know.

Comment

Didn't Jacksonite say they were around 6 bills plus case? For that cheap, with an OFR and real DiMarzios I'd say it would almost have to be made in China...
                Last edited by Bengal; 01-23-2008, 12:01 AM.
                I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

HHI owns BCR & floyd rose now so that helps. it could also be one of the ping ones? anyone know?

Comment

I had an import BCR mocking bird with the floyd speed loader and the floyd was made in Germany.I have an NOS speed loader in the box and it is made in Germany as well.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                      At least you get a DiMarzio super D and a real OFR.The dealer couldnt quote a price either.
                      Some of the higher end import Riches are made in Europe, where I don't know.
                      Czech Republic

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                        Didn't Jacksonite say they were around 6 bills plus case? For that cheap, with an OFR and real DiMarzios I'd say it would almost have to be made in China...
                        That puts it in DK2 territory. It would be fun to grab one and put a Warren D graphic on it...

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                          That puts it in DK2 territory. It would be fun to grab one and put a Warren D graphic on it...
                          as long as the necks are as nice as the originals, im looking forward to checking them out.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                            as long as the necks are as nice as the originals, im looking forward to checking them out.
                            10-4!! I don't think the necks are even going to be in the same universe as the real Gunslingers though. The real ones I had were the only neck I've had that could kill an SD Jackson/Charvel without breaking a sweat. They were NICE. Same with the ST-III's. Those necks were special. I'm sure these will have some kind of finish that will screw them up. If the profile is the same though, they may have a chance. I can strip a factory finish off easily enough.

I wonder who's going to have them though... Far too cool for GC.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                              I wonder who's going to have them though... Far too cool for GC.
                              Sad but true.

Comment

Working...
                              X