X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson is Danish?

Does this mean the end of Gibson USA?
    Who knows?

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Wow.

Comment

...and I'll wager that the Danish Company has manufacturing plants in China...

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
        ...and I'll wager that the Danish Company has manufacturing plants in China...
        I don't know, a lot TC Electronic stuff is high end stuff. That said, I don't own any models to confirm this, but I can't imagine stuff of that price is assembled in china.

Comment

TC electronic stuff is assembled in Taiwan.At least, the G-Majors are.
          I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Jackson used to be owned by Akai. Who knows? Fender bought Kaman, and therefore now owns Ovation and Hamer. Maybe Fender will buy Gibson, too...
            please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Play taps for TC. Anyone remember Oberheim, Steinberger, Slingerland, etc.?

TC might be able to save themselves if they start making cheap shit in China like Epiphone.
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by necrotechno View Post
                Jackson used to be owned by Akai. Who knows? Fender bought Kaman, and therefore now owns Ovation and Hamer. Maybe Fender will buy Gibson, too...
                thats a scary thought. then fender would own kramer and music yo too?? and steinberger....?? talk about monopolising

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                  Play taps for TC. Anyone remember Oberheim, Steinberger, Slingerland, etc.?

TC might be able to save themselves if they start making cheap shit in China like Epiphone.
                  Depends on who is going. TC's COO is staying on, but will HJ be leaving the CEO position?
                  Last edited by Flatpicker; 01-23-2008, 01:23 PM.
                  Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Wow. I'm Danish and in the signal processing business. I know several people who work at TC. Has this been confirmed by other sources? The TC homepage does not say anything about this...

Comment

Originally posted by javert View Post
                      Wow. I'm Danish and in the signal processing business. I know several people who work at TC. Has this been confirmed by other sources? The TC homepage does not say anything about this...

How about forbes?

Comment

TC electronic stuff is assembled in Taiwan.At least, the G-Majors are.
                        The high end stuff seems to be made in Denmark - probably most of the studio stuff and the G-force (at least according to TC - there has been some debate whether it is still made there on hugeracksinc/racksrock forums IIRC ) so probably the G-system aswell.

Comment

NAMM 2009-Gibson/TC Announce New Les Paul. The LP tunes itself, plays itself and comes complete with G-Force on-board effects unit installed. No guitarist needed
                          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

As far as I know, they make all the designs in Denmark, both hardware and software, but the electronics are probably produced somewhere in Asia.

Comment

According to the Forbes article, it appears that Gibson is the majority partner in the merger.
                              I would suspect that the newly formed "Gibson Guitar Corp." would remain headquartered in the US.
                              -Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X