Les Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les Paul

Well I pointed out an ebay auction for a USA Kelly to my father, but he said we couldn't get it and instead he offered to let borrow one of his guitars (he doesn't live with my mother and I so letting me borrow one of his guitars is effectively letting me have it), so I asked if I could borrow one of his Les Paul's and he brought this beauty over. It was made in March of 1980 in Tennessee.

I took these pictures before I took the strings off, oiled the fretboard and put new strings on. It plays amazingly and sounds great.

That's a nice looking Custom there. Take good care of it...

Those cases kick ass too!
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Nice. Cool Dad. I can't wait until my son starts playing but I can't imagine forking over one of my Paul Reed Smiths. I would probably just buy him a PRS SE, he can have all my guitars when I'm gone. LOL
      Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

What you have to do is ask; "Are you giving it to me?" And see what he says. I mean no disrepect.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I have a maple necked Custom as well (1977). Maple necks are the best!

Comment

Very cool. Love the wine red!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Wow, neato!
              Reminds my of the one my boss used to have.
              That thing played itself.
              Enjoy!!!!
              "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
              --floydkramer

Comment

Beautiful guitar - my favorite dark color for a Les Paul. Enjoy it!!!

Comment

Very nice, I prefer that to a Kelly.
                  Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Very Nice...my best friend has a Wine Colored Gibson LP Custom from the mid 70's. Built like a tank and sings beautifully.

Comment

Trade it for a Kelly
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                        Trade it for a Kelly
                        I don't think I could bring myself to do that even if it was mine :P

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                          Trade it for a Kelly
                          And while you're at it, shoot yourself in the foot.:ROTF: Nice advice, Matt. No way in fukkin' hell I'd trade a LP Custom for a Kelly.
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I remember someone here trading me a LPC for a Kelly.... Hmmmmm. Who was that...

Comment

Working...
                            X