My new Gibson from Top...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Gibson from Top...

...to bottom The lighting hasn't been good for pictures lately, so I don't think this shows how nice it looks. The Mahogany's grain on this they used was really nice and rich. The rosewood is pretty nice too, and contrary to the pictures its not dried out. The setup is spot on, with everything nice and clean too, including fresh strings. Other than that, its perfect. Amazing fret work, and great sound, which is exactly what I was looking for. It easily plays as nice as some other high end Gibsons like LP Standards and a couple Customs I've tried from over time. The tone out the 500T bridge pickup is a lot richer harmonically with better EQ response than the 500T in an LP Classic I looked at awhile back. The 496R is really smooth, and sounds great for those vintage rock sounds and tapping. It sure prompts the question "Why can't Gibson make all their guitars as good as this?". I tried a couple at different shops and some where duds!

I also got a helluva deal on it too; I bargined the guy down from the marked price of $580 after he gave me some BS about it being $699. He goes into the computer, and sure enough its $699. Now granted, it could of been a staged trick/bait & switch, but sure enough I go online and they are indeed now $699. The deal I got on this beats the deal I walked on 2 years ago for an ESP LTD Viper 1000FM for the price of a 500 by a mile (Factoring in what I paid subtracted from the new price, I saved about $200!).

Nice V. Congrats on a good deal.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Nice score. Those fadeds have a nice, raw sound to them...
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Hey I am not to crazy about the Faded Seriesvbut yours looks way nicer than the ones I have seen. Nice grab!

Comment

i think this therad needs a pic of you in full rock mode with your v....
          no sig.....

Comment

Man, that one does look nice!
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

congrats on joining the Gibson V club!
              my V is by far my favorite guitar.

if the fret ends are well-done, then you did indeed get a good one.
              that's usually what the bad ones of these lack. decent fretwork.
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Thats a nice guitar. I had a Faded V before, they are really solid guitars.

Comment

ive thought about getting one of these a few times...

Comment

Originally posted by Wylde06 View Post
                    ive thought about getting one of these a few times...
                    They're pretty nice if you get a good one. You'll need to try a few, as I know I did (even if it was at different shops). Some (like mine) will run with anything Gibson makes. Others are junk. Just going to take some trial and error.

EDIT: For what its worth, I actually kind of bought this on a whim, so I guess it will tide my over until I get a Demmel :haha
                    Last edited by CharvelRocker; 01-25-2008, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X