Don't see this every day ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't see this every day ...

Just got this Gibson MIII. Very unique design. 1991 Custom Shop Edition. Very thin neck. It reminds me of the Ibanez RG550. Fast !!! Many single coil sounds then you flip the mini switch and the hum sounds come into play. Tell me what you think.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

I think it looks like a cool guitar. I'd change those knobs out though, they look way out of place.
    I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

The Gibson attempts at superstrats have never really been to my taste, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by slash-ed View Post
        The Gibson attempts at superstrats have never really been to my taste, sorry.
        I'm not saying it doesn't look like The Elephant Man, I'm just saying it's unique !

Comment

Hmmm? I didn't say it wasn't. Just telling you what I think, as stated

Comment

I've not seen one of those for a long time! They were nice guitars. Fugly, but nice. I seem to remember the ones I played had more switches on them.

Comment

I've always liked them. John Ricco from Warrior Soul and one of the guitarists from Wildside played them. I would like to check one out some time...

What did it set you back if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Very rare axe there..usually see other versions

Comment

I think it is a cool score. If I saw one for a low price I'd probably pick it up just for shits and giggles.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy View Post
                    Very rare axe there..usually see other versions
                    I called Gibson with the s/n and they told me that it may be a prototype or one of the first ones made as it is stamped "Promotional Not for resale". It was made in the first year of production 1991. It also has the "Custom Shop Edition" logo on it.

Comment

Well, the body shape is slightly different than what I recall as they usually took on a more typical super strat look. I've do not recall ever seeing one with diamond inlays and the maple fretboard too is quite unique. I've seen a few rosewood fretboard models with red bodies but usually dot inlays. Its quite a find I think.

Comment

Looks pretty cool. I do agree with changing the knobs, they look kind of tacky (I think the same about the black speed knobs Kramer used a lot). Orange switch tip looks kind of odd too, but other than that I always thought they were cool guitars.

Comment

I have one also, MKIII Standard. Here's a pic link I found on internet for these:

Comment

... And thank god ya' don't man....

Comment

i like that, its diferent. Love the upside down explorer head stock.
                              no sig.....

Comment

Working...
                              X