Why bolt on signature guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shredmonster View Post
    Neck thrus are not superior guitars - please not another thread on this topic!
    I did not say that.

I said in my mind/opinion they are.

But I do have some really great bolt ons that I'd never part with.

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
      Neck-thrus are more expensive. So it feels like it has more prestige. And that's it. And I prefer neckthrus.
      +1

Given equivelent guitars (say a DK1 vs an SL2H) I'd never pay more for a DK1 than the SL2H.

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
        Also one other factor, if you snap a headstock on a bolt you can change it out quick. Vai I now keeps three or four necks with him on the road just for that reason. If you snap a headstock on a set neck or neck through then you have to glue it or send it in for repair.
        +1 on that.

I asked this question of Steve Lynch of the band Autograph when I picked up a Jackson from him many years ago and his reply was when touring there are many occurances of a guitar going from a warm gig environment to a outside rain/snow/cold environment and that the bolt ons would survive that better and if there was a neck problem from the quick temperature changes, it could be swapped quickly.

Comment

the heal lets me know where I am
          I'm easily confused though
          "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
          --floydkramer

Comment

Mick Thompson, kiko lourerio sp from angra both have neck through's.

Plenty of companies make neck through's for their artist's Ran's Jeff waters model is neck through I believe...

The KBRR and PD-1 are neck through too...

Bolt on's are just obviously slightly more popular...

Comment

Working...
            X