Les Paul Std or a PRS Singlecut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les Paul Std or a PRS Singlecut?

I'm looking at getting one or the other. The two things that drive my decision are Playability and Resale Value. What do you guys think? My budget is about $1500.
    Damn, I love this Interweb.

PRS has far better quality IMO...but you can't beat the look of a good LP...good luck!

Comment

get a strat

Comment

I love a Les Paul, but i've been looking hard at the new Carvin CS6 California Single. $1500 for a custom shop axe with the neck specs of my choice and made how I want it ? It's certainly got my attention.

Comment

personally i'd say a prs wil play nicer than a paul. i HATE the fret acces on les pauls past about the 14th fret (even teles are better) i also find the fingerboard too flat for me. prs wil be made better, sound better, and play better generally. might also look a lot better depending on you're haggling skills...

Comment

Have you looked at "The Heritage"?
            When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

I already have a strat and a tele. I haven't looked at the Heritage. I have heard good things about them but what is their resale value like. I'm wont be able to play forever and I'd like to one day get a decent return on my investment.

I'm leaning more toward the PRS. I have 2 CE24's and a Custom 22 and 24, so I have a good idea of what to expect from a PRS.
              Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

I'd get the PRS between those 2 - the only LP's I like are Customs

Comment

I just bought a new LPS and its a total piece of crap, get the PRS.
                  Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

+1 for PRS.

Comment

I've had a couple recent standards (02-03) that were great but I've also heard alot of bad stories. Never owned a PRS but I'm about to. The comments jacksoncsplayer made about the Carvins are definitely valid, I have a CT that's as good as anything I've ever played and they offer up some cool options as well. Their turnaround time is pretty quick too compared to others.
                      http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

+2 on the PRS. Seems to me that the quality of the PRS's (even the cheaper SE's) are much better than most current Gibby's in the same price range. I was looking at getting a Les Paul standard a few months ago, but inconsistant quality and finding a really good one has been difficult. Since then my focus has been on getting a PRS singlecut or possibly even the Mira.

Comment

PRS, & yeah i have to agree i played a few PRS SE's at the local GC & ide put them up against a real gibby any day. resale on carvins is not good. heritage guitars dont have the best resale value either kinda like G&L compared to fender. the higher quality guitar IMO has the lower resale value.

Comment

How about play a bunch and decide which YOU like better? To me, the Gibson LP look is the nicest. I never liked the looks of the PRS or Carvins. Superficial? Sure. But for me only the real thing would do. I have only one Gibson LP, but it plays great and looks killer.
                            Scott
                            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                              How about play a bunch and decide which YOU like better? To me, the Gibson LP look is the nicest. I never liked the looks of the PRS or Carvins. Superficial? Sure. But for me only the real thing would do. I have only one Gibson LP, but it plays great and looks killer.
                              +1 Here. You really have to play them to decide. In the price range you have set you might have to several. In the higher end Gibson price ranges the consistancy in very good.
                              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                              X