Schecter Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schecter Strategy

Does anyone know anything about these? Made in the 80's. Strat shape. S-S-H configuration with a trem. I have a line on one but don't know jack about them so any info you guys could offer up would be great. Like where it was made, pickups, trem, that kind of thing...
    I'm angry because you're stupid

I used to have one of these. Very nice guitar, made in Japan. I've seen them in set neck or neck thru and a bolt on strat style with a strat headstock (as mine was). $200-$300 seems to be the going rate from what I've seen.

Comment

MIJ mid grade guitars.They play nice for the most part.The trems aren't much the same were used on low end BCR's of that era.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

get it and stick a kahler on it.
        yeah it was me, you got a problem with that?

Comment

I have not seen it yet. I found it local on craigslist. Never really heard of them. But I found another one on some other site. These were built before Schecter became a total guitar manufacturer. I guess they only made replacement parts before that. It has a Jackson style headstock. But on the headstock it only says Strategy. It doesn't say Schecter on it anywhere...

It looks cool but the guy is putting "pressure" on me. Saying shit like, "I've got a guy coming over tomorrow at Noon, so if you want it let me know now, because it might be gone by tomorrow". I hate shit like that so I don't think it's for me. He wanted $250 for it...
          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

MIJ just remember that after the fact they were a complete guitar maker.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I had one of these, a one hum...bought for $125, sold for $150 w/case. The trem on mine has a bar that bolts to the body and the front of the trem has a knife edge that fits to the bar. There are fine tuners and mine had a Kahler behind the nut stringlock. The guitar on craigslist may have a similar trem, hard to tell from the one pic he has. He claims a "Floyd Rose style" trem, so beware and ask for closeup pics of the trem and the nut clamp.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                MIJ just remember that after the fact they were a complete guitar maker.
                The Strategys were MIJ but they came out after Schecter had moved to Dallas and were focusing on being a complete guitar maker.

Per some info on Tom Anderson's forum from Tom himself - before he left Schecter in late 1984 he spent 6 months in Japan getting their Japanese facility up and running. He chose to leave when Schecter decided to relocate to Dallas (and started his own company shortly after that).

Also, according to Anderson Schecter really did have a small production shop of complete guitars during the 1978-1984 era, but their primary focus was as a parts supplier. After the move to Dallas their plan was to stop being a parts supplier and only make complete guitars, but I'm pretty sure they went bankrupt before that happened completely. They may have stopped selling bodies and necks, but they were still selling pickups and other hardware until pretty much the end. I believe Schecter was shut down for about 6 months before the current owners bought them and moved them back to California.

According to Anderson, the Dallas-era Schecters could have a mixture of USA and MIJ bodies and necks; you would have to pull one apart to see if there are any stamps to tell where the parts came from.

Comment

Working...
                X