Is this all BC Rich?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this all BC Rich?

I got this at my pawnshop. It's been modded. A lot. In's an '80's NJ Series. Kahler Flyer trem. It was a S-S-H. Aftermarket paint. My question is: Is that a Rich body? Thanks
    I am a true ass set to this board.

New to me.

Comment

Me too. Other than I have to glue down the first fret, it has a killer neck. I'm not a Rich man and I searched ebay and I didn't see anything close. I thought it might be a Godin body.

Comment

Never seen anything quite like it.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

could it be a gunslinger model or assassin thats had the upper horns cut to be more warlock style, and the bottom bit cut into look like a wave?

to me it looks like the remnants of a strat body if u look at the contours and the shape and the way its rounded in places. for the most parts its a strart style body

Comment

Almost looks like a Wave that somebody shaved down.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That logo looks too small for a BCRich logo like what was normally used on those headstocks, and the body does not look right at all

Comment

Looks like a dog fuckin' a goose!
                (Kidding!)
                Kinda neat-o Mr. fett!
                "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  Almost looks like a Wave that somebody shaved down.
                  couldn;t be the right upper horn is totally wrong for it. i'm standing by my strat theory. look closely at the body and u can see it's whats left of a heavily modded strat body, that would also fit with the HSS pickup config (if u assume that hss is 90% of the time a strat pickup config)

Comment

Yeah, I think you're right. Its body does look more strat shaped, someone gave it a little Wave cut in the bottom and sharpened the horns.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The neckplate is Rich LA B8317. It's a weird one for sure. It doesn't feel lile a Strat body.
                      Last edited by fett; 02-21-2008, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Here's the back. Does this help?

Comment

BCR didnt make NJ waves during that time frame. it could have been an ST-3, they didnt make slingers or assassin NJs back then either. the kahler flyer & the rest look right for an NJ from the late 80's

thanks that helps YES thats a BCRich import route, it probably did start life as an ST-3

Comment

That guitar was at the pawhshop for 10 years. But they just put it out 3 days ago. I paid $75 for it. I went to the shop to look for CD's.

Comment

Looks like a NJ STIII with the singles filled in.
                              You can see the outline of the filled holes in the pic.

I'd bet everyone's eternal soul on it!
                              Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
                              Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

Working...
                              X