PRS SE Singlecut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRS SE Singlecut

I just picked up a new PRS SE Singlecut last week and it's quite an impressive guitar for under $500.00. Out of the box it was pretty much flawless in terms of fit and finish. The action was just right (IMO), frets are excellent w/no buzzing and the stock pickups actually sound pretty good. I also like how versatile this guitar is from it's nice cleans to a thick heavy crunch sound with some higher gain. It also seems to stay in tune rather well considering I have read that some owners of SE's replace the stock tuners and nut due to tuning issues. I know I am still in the honeymoon phase, but my initial impression is A+ for PRS's SE line. The PRS gig bag it came with is also a pretty nice piece as it's padded really well and the front pocket has a couple cool storage options for picks, strings etc...

i played a few PRS SEs at the local GC. i was more than impressed, i think they outplayed every gibson i tried that day. like you said the fret work was perfect on all of them i played. by far the nicest import ive played in a long time & in that price range i dont think anything touched it.

Comment

I've got two of them. Wasn't impressed with them stock.

Tuning keys... well, I upgrade everything to Planet Waves.

Pickups... Decent sounds, but noisy as all hell. Especially around computer equipment.

Bridge... will not intonate 100%. By its very design, it can't. And I don't like the EQ curve aluminum inherently has. Luckily, the Gotoh 510 drops right in (studs even have the same threads) and Warmoth sells it for $60. Way more sustain, and fully intonatable.
      please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

I actually have had one for about 6 months. I swapped the pickups out for a Breed bridge and Paf Pro neck. The guitar sounds really good now. I haven't had any tuning issues with mine at all. I think they are a great guitar for the money.
        They are lighter and have a cutaway that contours to your body.
        Jackson DK2M Red Ghost Flame
        Jackson Performer RR
        Ibanez RG7421 w/Blaze's
        Fender Acoustic
        Blackstar HT-5 head
        Blackheart 1X12 cabinet
        Rocktron Xpression effects rack

Comment

Same color as mine, nice choice.

Comment

Damn, I have too many guitars! Had to dig a little to retrieve this one:

Q-Parts knobs. Chrome mounting rings. Still has the stock selector switch, but will soon be changed to an all-chrome WD switch.

Moved the forward strap button to the back of the neck heel. Little better balance there.

Still need to dye the fingerboard.
            please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Working...
            X