1989 Strat Plus!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 Strat Plus!

been updated a bit, new pup's, soon to have custom wound single coils back in the mix i think.

Anyone played one?

Whats a good price for one?

There are plenty of these floating around here in Sweden, and whenever I go on a strat hunt I end up checking a few out. I think they´re nice! They seem to sell a bit cheaper than a newer second-hand American Standard, but not by much.

Comment

i've got one--great guitar. i'm not a strat guy but it's a special guitar. i'll never sell it since it has sentimental value (first electric guitar).

Comment

Ive had to in the reverse black burst. They play like a strat. Go figure. lol I loved both of mine. Although i got rid of the last one i had. Due to bills and the neck was twisting slightly. I paid about 600 for each one. Shuold still about the same price. I have seen some go for as much as 800 tho too. But 6oo is a fair price.
        Gil

Comment

Originally posted by Thrust View Post
          i've got one--great guitar. i'm not a strat guy but it's a special guitar. i'll never sell it since it has sentimental value (first electric guitar).

nice colour and great figure on the maple neck

Comment

I have one of those.:ROTF: But mine is a different color.
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrust View Post

My first Strat was the same exact color/model. Mine was a '95. Damn I miss that guitar!! Wow..I forgot how nice it looked.

Comment

Thanks everyone. It's a nice guitar with probably less than 10hrs. of playing time. I'm not really a strat guy. To the OP, is that a JB in the bridge?

I'm considering swapping in the EMG Dave Gilmour's. If I could ever justify dropping that kind of $'s for something that I rarely play.

Comment

I had an '88 that I bought new. I sold it 2 years ago. I couldn't stand looking at the 5 piece Alder body while looking through the Sunburst finish. The guitar was awesome though. I have since replaced it with a Custom Shop Jeff Beck model.
                  The Strat Plus really is a nice instrument in general. You can't go wrong with the Sperzel tuners, LSR nut and the 2 point American Standard Trem bridge. I really liked the Lace Sensor pickups as well.
                  Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                  X