Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I went to the Frankfurt Musicfair today part 1 (Rockers.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I went to the Frankfurt Musicfair today part 1 (Rockers.)

The eighties have returened and with them also marched back the super strats and the pointy headstock metal axes...

Be afraid, be very afraid...

Offset V models always do well and Cort released one...

Think "pointy" and Ibanez comes to mind, they released some headache causing axes for the pint sized rockers.

Is this a guitar or an artwork, you be the judge...

There's a reason why the V shape has lasted as long as it has and with this dark sculpted battle axe you're bound to make the crowd go wild when you're not playing in a metal band.

Which can also be said about this number...

The German company "Basslab" molds their instruments from one single piece of whatever-you-or-somebody-else-may-call-it-material resulting in desgins that give the term 3-D a new meaning, wierd as they might look, they play perfectly and sound absolutely brutal.

ESP brought back their Firebird knock off but with a few changes to keep the Gibson lawyers at bay, they certainly had me going on their case though.

ESP now offers custom graphics in their LTD line which comes in a "Sin City" graphic and...

Comment

...Hotrod flames.

Well the kings of the pointy headstock have to be Jackson and their custom shop still knows how to deliver.

As I was saying.

Parker had a Joe Satriani approved silver version of the Fly at their stand.

Comment

The Charvels were surprisingly conservative but with graphics to compensate for what they lacked in hardware and options.

Like I said, the eighties are back, watch out for the spandex suits, they also just might return aswel, if they do, bring out the flame thrower...

Murderous riffs taken a little too litteraly.

I dig the Star.

Comment

Red tigerstripes, classy and cool.

You can't really tell from this picture but this yellow Charvel was a very heavily reliced number. My favorite from the ones they had on display.

Finally to prove once again that pointy headstocks are back...

This Washburn acoustic has one...

Comment

I like that Cort (ducks for cover)
            In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

The Star with the block inlays looks nice.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

i like the tiny "prepro" logos on the v-trem charvel's....makes them more accurate. i also dig that esp firebird....
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the cool pics!
                  Some really neat-o ones in there.
                  Some scary ones too... hehe
                  But, variety is the spice of life, right?
                  "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                  --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
                    Thanks for the cool pics!
                    Some really neat-o ones in there.
                    Some scary ones too... hehe
                    But, variety is the spice of life, right?
                    have you seen the ones in my other Frankfurt thread yet?

If not, go there and find they get even scarier...

Comment

Nope... lemmie go checky
                      "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                      --floydkramer

Comment

Thanks for the pics. I dig the ESP firebirds.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                          The Star with the block inlays looks nice.
                          +1. Looks like a tobacco sunburst. I also dig the ESP Firebird.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The LTD's with Graphics were on display at NAMM here earlier this year as well. The graphic Charvels look cool and many are not the same ones we saw here. Thanks for the pix!
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                            X