Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retro Gunslinger on its way to Georgia...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a green one (USA) on ebay $750 used.

Comment

i cant wait to get one- thats gonna be my next axe
      post pics of yours dude!
      My Guitars
      Hohner HW-200 (Natrual Grain)
      Slammer By Hamer XP-1 Standard (Wine Red)
      Kramer 1984 Custom (Bullseye Black)
      Squier Affinity Series P-Bass (Black)
      Epiphone Les Paul Classic (Black)
      Takamine EG531SSC (Black)
      Kramer Vanguard S-440S
      Kramer Proaxe Standard (Black Sparkle)
      Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul Custom (Camo)
      Kramer F-1000 (Black)
      Ibanez RG-370 (Urban Digital Camo)

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson View Post
        Well, the Gunslinger arrived last week and I have to say, it is well worth the $$. The fret work is incredible, the fret edges are smooth as silk. The fretboard has very little to no radius at all, nice and flat. The neck is thin, not Charvel Model series thin, but close. The DiMarzio pickups sound great. I think the neck single is a Chopper. I'll post more when I have the chance to play it a little more. And, I'll get some pics up later, too.
        Great review Alvin. It addressed what I was concerned about - the fretwork and the neck profile.

Please keep us up to date on how you like the tone and playability of the guitar.

Funny thing is I saw a Poison video this morning, with CC showing off all of those BC Rich guitars. Can't help but think a JB belongs in the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
          Here is a green one (USA) on ebay $750 used.

http://cgi.ebay.com/B-C-Rich-USA-Gun...QQcmdZViewItem
          That's a good-looking one. I really like the inlays and the color. Definitely an '80's vibe there.

Alvin - congrats on your Gunslingers (well, when you get the yellow one). I'm glad to hear that the new ones are good guitars.
          Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson View Post
            Well, the Gunslinger arrived last week and I have to say, it is well worth the $$. The fret work is incredible, the fret edges are smooth as silk. The fretboard has very little to no radius at all, nice and flat. The neck is thin, not Charvel Model series thin, but close. The DiMarzio pickups sound great. I think the neck single is a Chopper. I'll post more when I have the chance to play it a little more. And, I'll get some pics up later, too.
            If you don't mind me asking, how much did you get it for?

Comment

Where did you order it from Alvin?

Comment

Originally posted by Inearthed View Post
                Where did you order it from Alvin?
                I ordered it from Jacksonite (Nick @ Piney Hills). He is one of the JCF authorized dealers.
                MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Now that you've had this for a few months, how about an update.
                  Still grinnin', Alvin?

I'm really curious of these non BCR type axes. {Away from the usual neck thru, stop tailpiece features that they're usually known for.} I never really paid much attention to them, as whammy's n' bolt on necks were more Jackson/Charvel's territory.

Those new USA built Charvel SD's are only a few greens more than a new Korean Gunslinger retro. I'm sure a good used example of a real 80's Gunslinger could be had for somewhere between the two.

Well....now that my car's in the shop getting a complete exhaust, I don't think I'll be getting much of anything soon.
                  Hmmmmm......I could always charge it or make payments...Hmmmmm....Ahhhh! forget it. I'm too old for that.
                  Cheers.
                  G.

Comment

Working...
                  X