I made myself a body for that fretless Westone neck I have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I made myself a body for that fretless Westone neck I have

And despite the fact that that Westone neck doesn't have a Fender-like headstock, it doesn't look out of place at all.

The body is five pieces of Pine and I'll be finishing it in translucent red.

and let's be honest it looks a LOT better than what I innitially had in mind.

You are correct sir! That jazz body looks slick though

Comment

I prefer the tone of a multi-piece 2x4 body.

Comment

Pine is a pretty good tone wood really the early Fender Esquires were pine.
        RSguitarworks built a tele out of 200 year old pine and it sounded outrageous.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Wow.
          Nice job!
          Can't wait to hear a review of how she plays & sounds when you're done!
          "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
          --floydkramer

Comment

The original design reminds me a lot of those guitars Ovation made in the 70's. I do think the Jazz bass looks slick though, and as always well made.

Comment

May i suggest something? IMO it does look a bit out of place..but if you
              sanded off the red, and made it closely resemble the body wood color...
              Bam! Winner..winner, chicken Dinner!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                May i suggest something? IMO it does look a bit out of place..but if you
                sanded off the red, and made it closely resemble the body wood color...
                Bam! Winner..winner, chicken Dinner!
                Actually I plan to do the opposite, paint the body red.

Here's the bass put together just to check if everything works and it works just fine. At the moment of writing I have pulled it apart again and it recieved its first layers of red.

Comment

Working...
                X