I installed a cheap Active pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I installed a cheap Active pickup

in my Fender Strat.. and boy I must say that is one sweet sounding guitar... I'm very impressed. I picked up a the Dragonfire active pups from fleabay.
    2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
    2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
    2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
    2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
    2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
    2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
    2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
    2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
    2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
    1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
    1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

I have their PAF's in my DK2M. They really are great pickups. How do the Dragonfire actives compare to EMG's?
    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

I just ordered this http://www.dragonfireguitars.com/pro...roducts_id=278
      and one of their licensed floyd roses. I have a guitar I need to bring back to life so this is a cheap way to do it.

How hard was it to install the active dragonfire. the pick makes it look like nothings soldered together at all.

Alvin, you have a picture of your DK2M you can share with the class? I wanna see!!
      In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Dropped one in my Model 4. A previous owner swapped out the stock pickups for generic actives, and put a white pickup that was paintbombed over, in black, in the bridge position. Sounded pretty decent, but I decided to rip out all the actives, and go passive. Not really an active kind of guy, so now they're just sitting. Really dug the two stacked singles, though. Nice tone. Dunno if THEY were Dragonfires, though. Wish I knew.
        I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
          Alvin, you have a picture of your DK2M you can share with the class? I wanna see!!
          MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson View Post
            I have their PAF's in my DK2M. They really are great pickups. How do the Dragonfire actives compare to EMG's?
            I installed those into a Epiphone Les Paul I traded.. I really like the sound of them.

As far as the comparison.. to be honest with you I've never played with Active EMG's so I can't give you an honest answer.

Last edited by JetFixxxer; 04-14-2008, 09:49 PM.
            2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
            2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
            2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
            2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
            2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
            2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
            2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
            2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
            2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
            1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
            1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson View Post
              Sweet guitar!
              In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

I have thrown SD's SSL-3 into my USA Strat instead of standard single-coils and I must say I am amazed what can 30 bucks do.

Stock Strat pups only work good with a nice Fender amp, on neck position. Everything else is just a matter of taste.

Comment

Working...
                X