Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Shred" Explorer

http://www.gibson.com/en%2Dus/Divisi...s/GOTM/ShredX/

I don't understand how they call it "shred" with the 50's neck profile , tough...
    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Pretty cool, but I wouldn't consider a single-locking design a "shred" guitar.

Comment

I'm not bagging the guitar, but the inlays? Are they just epoxy? and no inlay?
      Seems like a cool explorer, but the dual Emg 85's aren't my bag.
      Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

It has a 50's profile neck.....not exactly a shredder's neck.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
          I'm not bagging the guitar, but the inlays? Are they just epoxy? and no inlay?
          Seems like a cool explorer, but the dual Emg 85's aren't my bag.
          The blurb says black acrylic.

That's just dumb. Black dots to help you find your way around the jet-black fretboard

Comment

Originally posted by slash-ed View Post
            The blurb says black acrylic.

That's just dumb. Black dots to help you find your way around the jet-black fretboard
            I'll tell ya, I have an Ovation Adamas with no inlays on the ebony board and I don't miss them. That's what the sides dots are for.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
              I'll tell ya, I have an Ovation Adamas with no inlays on the ebony board and I don't miss them. That's what the sides dots are for.
              Besides that you can kind of learn your way around.
              My Yamaha Silent Guitar only has side dots on frets 5, 7 and 12 and I haven't ever felt that I needed any others more than that.
              Might even be able to get by without side dots.

Comment

I always liked Explorers. If I could afford being a collector, I'd have a few. As for an Explorer type guitar that shreds, the name is Kelly!

Comment

For some reason the guitar strikes me as being ugly.

Some explorer shredding:
                  Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                  "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

The stud mounted Kahler is the thing that baffles me. It was designed to retrofit guitars that originally had TOMs. If you're manufacturing a new guitar, doesn't it make sense that you would go with a proper flatmount Kahler?
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by AfterForever View Post
                      For some reason the guitar strikes me as being ugly.

Some explorer shredding:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CojSv...eature=related

I think that this one's a lot better. It's the times before syu gayed up

And the melody sounds extremely Japanese. Right outta the anime soundtracks.
                      I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

So a regular USA Explorer about $1000 isn't it? so that must be the Kahler that's costs $2400

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
                          Then why put those dots in there in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                            Pretty cool, but I wouldn't consider a single-locking design a "shred" guitar.
                            Strat?

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                            The stud mounted Kahler is the thing that baffles me. It was designed to retrofit guitars that originally had TOMs. If you're manufacturing a new guitar, doesn't it make sense that you would go with a proper flatmount Kahler?
                            Yes...unless they're trying to make it look sorta retro and hot rod. I would also imagine theres no routing on that one? So that would mean less tone loss from cutting chunks out?is that right? I don.t know an awful lot about the trem

Comment

With no locking nut and the string angles coming off the nut, I don't see that guitar staying in tune when given the "Steve Vai" type workout.

Comment

Working...
                              X