No announcement yet.

"Shred" Explorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not really i don.t even use the clamp on my floyd half the time and its fine

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
      Strat?

Yes...unless they're trying to make it look sorta retro and hot rod. I would also imagine theres no routing on that one? So that would mean less tone loss from cutting chunks out?is that right? I don.t know an awful lot about the trem
      Well, see that's what makes it even dumber. The stud mounted Kahler does require a small route between the two sets of studs. If it didn't, it would make more sense, because you could always switch it to a TOM setup if you wanted. As it is, you would have a big ugly hole there. I'm guessing that Gibson had a pile of studmount Kahlers kicking around in a warehouse for some reason, and wanted to get rid of them.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Strat?
        No.

Comment

Originally posted by slash-ed View Post
          The blurb says black acrylic.

That's just dumb. Black dots to help you find your way around the jet-black fretboard
          I have a "None More Black" Strat with a no inlay ebony board.
          Finding your way around is pretty easy.
          I just didn't get if they were filling the dots with epoxy and calling it acrylic inlay?
          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

It has locking tuners. So technically it's a double locking trem.
            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
              Well, see that's what makes it even dumber. The stud mounted Kahler does require a small route between the two sets of studs. If it didn't, it would make more sense, because you could always switch it to a TOM setup if you wanted. As it is, you would have a big ugly hole there. I'm guessing that Gibson had a pile of studmount Kahlers kicking around in a warehouse for some reason, and wanted to get rid of them.
              Didn't Gibson put those kahlers on some Les Pauls in the '80s?

Comment

Strat?

Yes...unless they're trying to make it look sorta retro and hot rod. I would also imagine theres no routing on that one? So that would mean less tone loss from cutting chunks out?is that right? I don.t know an awful lot about the trem
                tone loss cant be the reason because they put EMGs on it

Comment

That guitar is kind of stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Mat View Post
                    tone loss cant be the reason because they put EMGs on it
                    good point

Comment

If you want a more 'metal' Explorer, check out these Matthias Jabs signature ones:
                      Dein Musikgeschäft in München mit einer großen Auswahl an Gitarren, Bässen und Verstärkern. Große Vintage Sammlung. MJ Guitars by Matthias Jabs.

Comment

Originally posted by darrellm View Post
                        If you want a more 'metal' Explorer, check out these Matthias Jabs signature ones:
                        http://www.mjguitars.de/html/new_inventory_guitars.html
                        Ouch on the price of those. No thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X