Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keeping the new guit a day thing going...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping the new guit a day thing going...

Yes, hate on me for the pink and the Twisted Sister logo.

But, this thing sounds great, burstbuckers, long neck tenon, a great price, I'm happy.

Oh, and I didn't even know before buying about the cutout which makes this oh so comfortable to play compared to other LPs! (Gibson, get your act in gear!!)

Made in Japan, right?

Sick guitar. I dig it man.
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Nice :headbang:
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yes, from the Epi Custom Shop in Japan. They do their own thing there. They are hardly part of the Gib webpage even.

Top notch quality and sounds great. Hand selected woods.

Comment

A Pink Jay Jay French Epiphone?!? I'd be ALL OVER the Gibson forums showing that baby off!!

Comment

That's unique..cool!
            The Guitars:
            Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
            The Amps:
            Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

Hey those Elitists are MIJ aren't they? Sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                Hey those Elitists are MIJ aren't they? Sweet.
                Yes, they are. And, since I've gone through 8 or 9 historics over the last several years, I can tell you, these things are just as good. Dramatically underpriced.

A long-time club player in NYC recently swore by them, and he talked them up over the Edwards, and all the other knock offs, then said they blow away American Gibson Standards, and are stiff competition for the R7s and R8s.

He was right.

Comment

The Korean Epi's are really good too. I got hooked on them when I picked up a natural Sheraton II a while back. The neck was as straight as an arrow and played like a dream. Sounded great too, even though it's not a guitar meant for metal or hard rock.

In fact, I liked it so much that I got another Sheraton (in black) soon afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by danastas View Post
                    He was right.
                    I disagree as do (I'm sure) legions of others.
                    My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

High E Tuner crooked? Yes, No? Maybe the pic isn't clear. Nice guitar!
                      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by goodwood View Post
                        I disagree as do (I'm sure) legions of others.
                        Disagree about what?

The Standard vs. Elitist comparison?

Let me put it this way:

The Elitists have a long neck tenon.
                        The Standards don't

The Elitists are solid.
                        The Standards have swiss cheese chunks taken out of them.

The Elitists are made from hand-selected light mahogany.
                        The Standards are made from what's available, as the light stuff goes to the Custom Shop.

The Elitists are made in a shop with outstanding quality control.
                        You won't find orange peeling, mislaid inlays, bad binding, and any of the other problems sometimes associated with the problems of Gibson quality control.

These are the reasons why I put them ahead of the Gib Standards.

Not to mention the tummy cutout which makes the Elitist a lot more comfortable to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
                          High E Tuner crooked? Yes, No? Maybe the pic isn't clear. Nice guitar!
                          I looked on the back of my R7 and compared. It's actually the low E that's maybe a little off since the R7 lines the tuners the same way. In other words, equidistant from the taper of the neck (i.e. on a slight angle). The low E on my Elitist however is lined up straight (i.e. not on an arc as the high E is on the Elitist, and both E tuners are on the R7.) Unless, of course, you're not supposed to do it the R7 way.

Comment

Fuck me that's pink!

We need a pic of you holding it, from what I remember you look quite mean and I think you with the guitar on would be amusing, well, to me at least!
                            Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Well, I am 6'3.
                              But I don't want pictures circulating on the internet. This would destroy my reputation.

Comment

Working...
                              X