Going back to my childhood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going back to my childhood

The first ever gig I played was with a band called the NPK (No Problem Kids) and the guitar I used was an all black Vester Telecaster knock off which refused to stay in tune. I eventually sold it and bought myself a Squier Stratocaster which I'm still using this day.

But since a couple of years I found myself in a sentimental mood and went to search for my old black Vester or at least a guitar similar to it. Until last week that search was fruitless but...

I found one.

I stumbled upon it in my local shop where somebody brought it in after storing it underneath his bed for over 14 years, it's in MINT condition, or should I say Near mint because I replaced the crappy tuners with Gotohs. But because Vester is not really a big brand, it was cheap as chips, 89 Euros later it was mine.

It blows every current Squier clear out of the water, which in itself is funny because Saehan, the company which made Vester, also made the Squier II line in the late eighties and early nineties.

I already did some recordings with it backing the old NPK leadsinger who shared my nostalgia and remarked: "It doesn't have the same color but I sure could be fooled into thinking that you've got your old guitar back."

That's excellent, love those stories. I think this is why I can't sell any of my guitars. Have every single one I've ever owned. When I buy it, I know I am making a lifetime commitment

Vass

Comment

I know those feelings, like running across an old, good friend. Thanks to Spike, I have an 86' Model 4, again, which was my graduation present, same color and all.

By the way, we guitarists never go back to our childhoods. Mainly because we never LEFT! hehe.
      Last edited by Racerx2k; 06-13-2008, 04:47 PM.
      I'm not Ron!

Comment

I've got to get my first Yamaha back..

I wonder is guitar stores keep sales records?
        Nice axe though, you're very fortunate.
        Gear:
        Jackson Dinky Rev. Pro
        Jackson Kelly (KE3?), Lawrence equipped
        Ibanez RG320
        Ensanada Acoustic
        Peavey Bandit 112
        Soon to Be:
        Pedals!

Comment

Working...
        X