Yamaha SE1203

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha SE1203

I just bought a candy apple red Yamaha SE1203. Looks like the truss rod adjustment is at the body side of the neck but I can't see what kind of tool it takes. Looks like just a phillips head screw inside the black square with the hole in it. Anyone know what kind of tool adjusts the neck?

Not very much info on these. Anyone know what they are made of?

No pics yet so don't ask.
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
    Anyone know what kind of tool adjusts the neck?
    The tool that will be playing it. :ROTF:

Sorry bro, couldn't resist.
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

I'm not familiar with those, but I have seen Phillips screwdrivers that were right angle like a hex wrench is. I have A Yamaha RGX 1212 and a RGX 1220 though and they are sweet guitars, so I bet that SE1203 is too. That's the 3 single-coil neckthrough model with a licensed Floyd, right?

My RGXs are both candy apple red too, sweet color for those models. Sorry I couldn't help you on the truss rod wrench, but congrats on the score.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack The Riffer View Post
        The tool that will be playing it. :ROTF:

Sorry bro, couldn't resist.
        HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Great one man! That was good.

Lerx,
        Yep, it's the "superstrat" neckthrough with 3 singles and a freakin' HUGE gold trem. The trem is the biggest I've seen since the Wonder Bar. It's also got a toggle switch that does something. I played it a while ago but just bought it today and it's sitting here with me at work. Haven't been able to go home and play it yet. I'm sure I'll find out what the switch does when I get home. Thanks for the kind words man!

The black square is right above the neck single. I'm wondering if the screw just holds the square in place and the rod located at a 90 degree angle. I'll see when I get home.

Comment

I found an old ad showing the line of guitars. Mine is just like that except the 3 singles and the toggle switch.

Comment

Those are pretty nice. I almost bought a white one last year, but the trem had me nervous, as I'm sure there aren't a lot in the way of replacement parts for them. It played like a dream - even though I never plugged it in!

Yamaha is one of the best kept secrets in killer guitars - especially Pacificas.

Comment

How much did you end up paying for it.

Comment

Originally posted by jtr View Post
                How much did you end up paying for it.
                $200 plus case. It had sat in the shop for a long time and he was willing to deal today.

That black circle screws out and exposes the rod. It's like an acoustic rod. You need a stubby hex wrench to be able to fit in between the rod and the neck single. Thankfully, I never throw anything away and I had one lying in my tech box.

Pretty sweet guitar. The switch seems like it brightens up the pickups. With it on, the pickups hum a little, with them off, the don't hum at all but it takes some of the sparkly high end off. Neck profile is killer. Somewhat reminds me of the old ESP profile.

The trem is interesting. The string feeds through the back end so you don't have to clip the ball end off. Then those black circle bolts lock down on it from the top. The thing is massive and has some weight to it. It flutters pretty decent and it is a very smooth unit.

I'm diggin' it.

Comment

Here's a pic I just took of it, if interested.

Comment

nice! I like the pearl effect on the upper horn in that first pic
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

G,
                      Thanks. It is a nice color red.

Comment

Yamaha guitars are probably the best deal for the money out there, really.

Comment

Working...
                        X