• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• world's most collectable guitar?

has anyone else ever seen this martin on eBay? here is the

Item number: 140201217871
    price: US $3,750,000.00
    Last edited by phill_up; 06-13-2008, 09:02 PM.

No one else has seen this?

Comment

I definitely wasn't looking for it!
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

That depends on how you define collectable. If you define collectable as "able to be collected" then the most collectable guitar is probably the cheapest Squier strat.

That guitar is no longer an instrument but a piece of art.

Comment

I'd say three known 58 whiteguard Flying Vs would be rarer. Even rarer still is the original Explorer with the Moderne headstock. Only one known to exist. Now that's rare!
          Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Rarity alone does not make something valuable though. Take the cockdragon, for example.

Or the Halford Warrior.

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
              Rarity alone does not make something valuable though. Take the cockdragon, for example.

Or the Halford Warrior.
              In the case of the two guitars I've mention I think it does.
              As for the cockdragon, well I'm not so sure!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

I wonder if those 2 would sell for more than the Martin, though.

In general it seems that acoustic instruments are worth more than electrics. Also guitars seem to be worth less than more classical instruments even though they are harder to make.

Comment

Don't know I think it would be a close call on the Explorer just because it's the only one known to exist. I think I read somewhere Gibson may have made 2 but their records are shite from that time.
                  I'm wondering if that Martin will sell at that price.

Comment

Comment

Let's face the fact that whatever price it goes for it's more likely to end up in a vault than getting played. Which is a shame.

Comment

I wasn't looking for it either but when I found it I thought it was a typo. I googled the most expensive guitar a while back and seemed like I came up with clapton's "blackie"
                        Is this in fact the most expensive guitar on the planet?

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
                          I wasn't looking for it either but when I found it I thought it was a typo. I googled the most expensive guitar a while back and seemed like I came up with clapton's "blackie"
                          Is this in fact the most expensive guitar on the planet?
                          I don't know how you could accurately determine which guitar is worth more but if it helps you any, last year one of the guitar mags ran an article on the top rock stars guitars as far as value. Jimmy Page's Les Paul was at the top of the heap. I would think that guitar would be worth more than Blackie myself too.
                          Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X