Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

guitar advice,..ESP, Washburn, or Ibanez?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guitar advice,..ESP, Washburn, or Ibanez?

Hi -
    Does anyone have any experience with these models? Which of these would you suggest?
    Washburn N2:

Ibanez JS100:

ESP LTD M-103FM:
    One of the world's leading manufacturers of high quality guitars and basses.

Thanks
    Jeff
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Kiesel Aries
    Charvel USA Wild Card #3
    EVH 5150 iii 50W, 1x12" EVH w/ Celestion Lynchback, Boss RV-3

Out of the ones you mentioned I'd definitely go for the Washburn. I've had great expierences with them.

I don't like the neck on the JS and it's probably overpriced because it has Satriani's name attached to it.

The LTD is ok, but the black nickel hardware looks so cheap..
    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

For the same money, why not get a Jackson DK2M (or DKMG)? Made in Japan quality and real Seymour Duncan (or EMG) pups too.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Originally posted by Robotechnology View Post
        For the same money, why not get a Jackson DK2M (or DKMG)? Made in Japan quality and real Seymour Duncan (or EMG) pups too.
        A DK2M will change your life.
        Just got mine from Alvin last week.
        Wow.
        For those of you that think you need to time travel back to the 80's and buy a guitar, well, it's like that... without the time machine.

Quality
        Playability
        Coolness factor

All top out at a 10

Repeat after me... DK2M

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
        --floydkramer

Comment

I would go for the n2. the esp is a lowend cheapie, and the js is overpriced. I don't know if the n2 is made in korea but washburns korean made guitars are well built.

Comment

You should have a look for Kramer guitars... The prices are really great and these guitars are one of the best I ever played.
            -1984 Kramer Pacer Special (5150 replica) (Made In USA)
            -1990 Kramer American Pacer Custom II "Holoflash" (Made In USA)
            -2008 Jackson Soloist SL-3 "Trans blue" (Made In Japan)
            -2008 Laboga 5201 Twin 50W
            -1983 Washburn D-25 "100th Anniversary Model" (Made In Japan)

Comment

For Ibanez I'd go with an RG5xx or higher. Satch models eh, suck. Go for an N4 if you can find one over the N2.

But moot point if this is your choice. I'd go with the N2.
              07 Ibanez J Custom RG8470RS, 92 Ibanez RG770EG, 91 Ibanez RG565EG, 90 Ibanez RG550CM, 90 Jackson USA Fusion, 89 BCRich Assassin, 85 Ibanez Roadstar II RS440RV, 05 Takamine AN-10

Furman PL-8 Series II, ADA 3TM MP-1 Ultra+, Axe-FX Ultra, rack tray (Axess Elec. BS-2, DOD FX90), Roland EV-5, Dunlop 535Q18v, VHT 2/50/2, Ground Control Pro, X2 Digital XDS95 W'less, (2) Bogner Cubes

Comment

Satch models are just okay, but you don't really get much bang for the buck. I like the N2. A Nuno model is on my short list of "needs"...

Comment

Off that list I would go N2, since it comes with a BL pickup stock in the bridge, which is pretty cool in my book.

Comment

I had really good luck with my low end Washburn Dime 2ST. My Ibanez and ESP LTD... not so much. there low end guitars always have a pretty good feel to them in terms of fretwork and nut quality. I don't think the hardware or pickups are the best though anymore, but it's probably better than the Ibanez.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your advice.
                      I tried the jackson dk2m but felt the neck was too wide for me. I need to find someplace now to buy a n2....i tried the n1 and the neck was fine.

thanks again,

jeff
                      ---------------------------------------------------------
                      Kiesel Aries
                      Charvel USA Wild Card #3
                      EVH 5150 iii 50W, 1x12" EVH w/ Celestion Lynchback, Boss RV-3

Comment

The JS-1000/1200 models are amazing guitars actually, the JS-100 not so much. It has a lower quality trem, pickups and components in general not to mention a Korean vs. Japanese build. I have a JS-1 which is basically what they called the early 1000's and I wouldn't sell it for the world. They're probably not the best if your style is all out metal but they can shred and sound very articulate.
                        Last edited by Tonelover; 06-14-2008, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                          I had really good luck with my low end Washburn Dime 2ST. My Ibanez and ESP LTD... not so much. there low end guitars always have a pretty good feel to them in terms of fretwork and nut quality. I don't think the hardware or pickups are the best though anymore, but it's probably better than the Ibanez.
                          Ahh, I would kill for a Washburn Stealth, Korean or not. Please let me know if you ever decide to sell it

Comment

I'll vouch for the N2. I have an old black one. It's my E guitar for jamming along with tunes on my pc
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                            X