No announcement yet.

Educate me on the ESP brand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't let the older model names confuse you as well The Eclipse is now LP shaped, whereas before it was this shaped

I like mine a lot. Neck like a fucking tree trunk!
    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

I've been keeping my (admittedly cheap) eye out for one of those earlier Eclipseses.
      |My CSG gallery|
      (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

We were impressed at NAMM this year with (of course this is putting their
        best foot forward) The Custom ESP's.. As nice as ANYTHING out there imo.

Comment

We were impressed at NAMM this year with (of course this is putting their
          best foot forward) The Custom ESP's.. As nice as ANYTHING out there imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
            A lot of the old kramers necks were made by esp
            ESP was pretty much the exclusive manufacturer of Kramer from like 86 onwards, they did build some of the earlier stuff when Kramer was trying to find their way
            Out Of Ideas

Comment

Robert those two examples are freeking hideous.
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

+1 they are puke inducing
                Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Anything with the ESP logo on it is probably going to be a pretty cool guitar. Anything with the LTD logo? Not so likely.

I've got a late '80s The Mirage Custom, which is truly amazing, and a '90s MV USA, which is a 24.75" shredder allegedly built in the USA (though whether fabricated or just assembled here, I don't know). Both are fantastic guitars. Around here, we tend to give ESP a lot of crap for closely copying Jackson designs, but the reality is that the 'real' Japanese ESPs are usually great instruments, though very pricey. The quality on the Korean LTDs appears to have gotten better in the last couple of years, but they still feel cheap to me.

Comment

Thanks for the comments so far everyone!
                    Very enlightening.
                    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                    --floydkramer

Comment

I have an older Mirage that is a great guitar...

As stated, they made some of the Kramers necks and bodies but as early as 81 and all of them from 86 through the early 90s...The strat head Pacer you sold likely had some ESP parts...

They also made mid-era (83-87) Robins...
                      Like my Raider I
                      Last edited by xbolt; 06-27-2008, 06:46 AM.
                      Drive Fast Cars & Play Cool Guitars!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                        LTD = not made in Japan
                        ESP = made in Japan

That's really all I know.

I thought it was the opposite....LTD was made in Japan, ESP in USA.
                        "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Nope... LTD's are Korean.
                          - Andi Kravljaca -

Comment

Nope... LTD's are Korean.
                            now only 400 models and up are korean the rest are indonesia.

Comment

Originally posted by stevoc View Post
                              I thought it was the opposite....LTD was made in Japan, ESP in USA.
                              Nope, ESP is a Japanese company.
                              Scott

Comment

Their shop on 48th St is long gone now, however to have a true picture of what ESP is capable of, you must check out their Japan website: www.espguitars.co.jp/

Like it or not, there are many very creative designs there, and the same goes for the Fernandes Japan website, so no, they are not just ripping off other brands.

As much as I love Charvel/Jackson, nobody can deny that they have ripped off Fender more than any of their competitors (at least until they were bought by FMIC...).

Comment

Working...
                                X