No announcement yet.

Advantages of a Neck Thru guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's pretty clear that it's been scientifically proven that playing a neck-through guitar makes you approxmately 15% cooler than the rest.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
      I think it's pretty clear that it's been scientifically proven that playing a neck-through guitar makes you approxmately 15% cooler than the rest.
      I was thinking that, but didn't want to be a cock and say it! :ROTF:

Comment

But playing a vintage bolt on San dimas Strat head. Makes ya cooler than playin a neck thru. so
        I find all being equal. Bolt ons tend to be a bit brighter do to the way th eneck is monuted. Neck throughs do tend to be a bit warmer. And a bit more tonefull. Mainly because all the factors involving the strigns and the pups are in on long piece of wood. It creates a more consistant resonance which isnt changed by the screws or a change in wood type. This can be debated for years. Just like which came first the chicken or the egg. But this is mearly my experiance and take on the matter.
        (flame suit on)
        Gil
        Last edited by JACKSONFREAK; 07-10-2008, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Neck thru or bolt on does not make a difference. If you want great tone and sustain, you need Lee Garver to put one of his killer fretboard veneers on your axe. Tone and mojo for days.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Did Charvel ever make USA neckthru`s? Sure i`ve seen the import neck thru`s, and tons of USA bolt ons, but with the exception of a couple of customs i don`t recall seeing any neck thru production models.

If not, why`d they only offer neck thru on imports?

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
              Neck thru or bolt on does not make a difference. If you want great tone and sustain, you need Lee Garver to put one of his killer fretboard veneers on your axe. Tone and mojo for days.
              I really like the Rising Fret feature on those
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                I really like the Rising Fret feature on those
                :ROTF: You just brought back alot of funny memories VitaminG!
                "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Originally posted by wibble View Post
                  Did Charvel ever make USA neckthru`s? Sure i`ve seen the import neck thru`s, and tons of USA bolt ons, but with the exception of a couple of customs i don`t recall seeing any neck thru production models.

If not, why`d they only offer neck thru on imports?
                  they were called JACKSONS

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                    Oh God, can we please drop the "better upper fret access" myth?

There's no such animal as a bolt-on heel inhibiting upper fret access.

I agree. Technically, it's not better access .......just more comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                      Oh God, can we please drop the "better upper fret access" myth?

There's no such animal as a bolt-on heel inhibiting upper fret access.

Go tell Yngwie your upper fret access is limited due to the heel of a Strat. I'd love to hear his response.

Go tell John Sykes that you can't shred on a Les Paul because you have to change your hand position.

Oh no you don't...don't get me started!
                      www.JerryRobison.com
                      '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

Working...
                      X