No announcement yet.

Ibanez RG7321 or equivalent seven-strings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to revive this thread, as I scored a mint used RG7321 at a pawn shop for $160. Playing it through an old Peavey Bandit at the store made it tough to get much of an impression of the pickups, but when I got it home and plugged in, I was extremely pleased to find that the stock Ibby pickups actually sound pretty good. Being that these guitars are going for $350-400 new, I can even justify a pickup replacement someday if I decide to record with it. What blows my mind is that my Washburn WG587 was originally selling in that same price range before hitting the online clearance sales at $99, and the Ibanez is superior in every way.

(stock photo, same color)
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah it's Made in Korea versus the Washburn's China.

The 7421 and 7621 (both MIJ) compare similarly against the 7321.

For $160 though I would totally get one myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
        Unfortunately, I can't in any way justify spending over $400. I really would rather keep it under $300, but the options at that level are not in any way improvements over my Washburn. That's the thing with side projects - it could end up being a matter of recording a couple of rough demo tracks and never moving past that, or it could develop into a full-time pursuit, but I can't afford to spend much on a guitar that might collect dust most of the time.

Are there any other entry-level sevens out there, new or used, that have a fixed bridge? I'd be fine with an unknown brand if it isn't a complete eyesore made of mystery wood.
        *** Your best bet, would be snagging a used Carvin. That way your
        getting a $1100 7 string...for maybe $450?

Comment

Too bad they don't make these anymore. Would have been perfect. What this guy is charging is highway robbery though. http://cgi.ebay.com/Schecter-Diamond...3286.m20.l1116
          My gear
          87 Charvel Model 6
          86 Charvel Model 4
          93 Jackson RR EX
          93 Jackson Kelly STD
          88 Ibanez RG560
          99 Schecter Diamond C-7
          Peavey Bandit 112

Comment

Heh, look at my last response (until this one); I bought the Ibanez. I played it again last night for quite a while, and am still quite surprised by the stock pickups. This guitar was actually built in Indonesia, which I was a little worried about, but the intonation is correct and the tuners are very stable for being non-locking. In comparison, my usual tech could not get my Washburn to intonate perfectly all the way up the neck.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X